Starter Pokemon Regular/Reverse/Holo?

Hello everyone!

I’m a beginner collector who recently got introduced to Pokemon through my 5 year old son.

My son has just come up with his first idea for a collection: All starter Pokemon evolution-lines.
The absolute joy/ sense of pride in his eyes when he collected the ones he already had and put them by generation on different pages just made me so happy! I know we’re in the hobby to stay :blush:
Now to my question:
Are there regular, reverse foil and holo versions of every pokemon in the starter pokemon evolution lines?

The idea is obviously to go from one generation/page to one generation/binder-spread to one generation family/page.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! We’re all happy to have you :blush:

To answer your question, it varies. The final evolutions are often holo cards, but sometimes they are non-holos as well. The base forms and first evolutions are usually non-holo, but sometimes there will be promotional cards or rare examples where they are holo. For example, there are holo promo versions of the Alola starters and Charmander/Charmeleon appear as holos (in their shiny forms) in Hidden Fates. Most cards which are in sets will also have reverse holo versions as well. Sites like Pokellector can help you with keeping track of all the cards!

You should fairly easily be able to find your favorite versions of each starter/evolution line by searching eBay and other websites.

Yes Im sure there are for all of them, but depends on which art or set expansion you are looking for. For gen 1 and 2 original arts you will only find holo versions (exceptions may be non holo and reverse holo legendary collection, or charizard xy evolutions).

Bulbapedia should provide the information you need.

Thanks for fast answers guys!

Should’ve stated that even though I’m new to the hobby, I’m not really a n00b. Spent $1,5k first month buying collections and learning everything I could about the cards. Seen most of smprattes videos etc. I basically thought that if you make it here you have some knowledge already :blush:

I realize I can research it and look up the less obvious cards, but I asked hoping that someone already had done that work :blush: Also I thought that someone already had a collection similar to it?

Or maybe I was only looking for a reason to write my first post :blush:

Thanks again!

serebii cardex is really easy to use and it shows all card types for each pokemon

1 Like