Stagecoach's Collection Pokémon Binder (English + Japanese Vintage Promos + Flip Coins + League Stuff)

I likely have a bills pc if you don’t want to fill that slot with fodder. I can’t check for a few weeks though.

1 Like

That’s a truly magnificent collection and presentation so far! The wet dream of every vintage Japanese collector. Looking forward to your updates!

3 Likes

Really awesome collection thread buddy. As someone who appreciates the promo cards, I am very happy to see your thread. It is not only beautiful but very much inspiring, for a collector like me. A lot of collectors can and might look at older JP promos in a different light after going through your collection. You have obviously put in a lot of care to put together this collection.

I am glad you found the time to share this, it was worth the wait. Thanks a lot for giving us an insight and looking forward to all of the updates.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words! :slight_smile:

I just got finish henpecking a second post on my phone. Looking forward to finishing the thread content so I can go back and refine the formatting.

3 Likes

This intersects so heavily with a lot of my core interests and I’m absolutely loving it so far! You’ve offered such a lovely narrative, and knowing this collection is a culmination of the big decision you’ve spoken about before, of pivoting your collection completely, makes it even more special!

I’m trying to zoom in on the coins to see, but did you manage to eventually track down that elusive Vileplume you had been searching for?

2 Likes

Not an additional one — still just the only one I’ve ever gotten my hands on.

I have seen one additional one but the condition was even worse than mine.

1 Like

Finally I happen to see this thread, and it’s magnificent.

Only note from your humble follower, the coin are bad rotated and it hurts me.
Knowing your maniacal precision I always envy and try to take inspiration from, please put them straight :heart:

4 Likes

This is awesome thanks for sharing @stagecoach and look forward to more updates!

1 Like

It’s so hard to keep them upright. I have given up on keeping them up right in their current storage solution. They are always rotating in their cells even thought it seems like there should be enough compression and friction to deter that. But there isn’t. When I’m not looking they all turn. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is already my favorite collection thread on the forum. I appreciate the thoughtful way you approach collecting, I’m looking forward to seeing your future updates!

2 Likes

I have to accept that this was again another collection thread that made me widen my side collections. Old japanese promos gathered together are so good looking ones that my goal of all gym set promos is now all japan exclusive old back promos with a set symbol (quite a mouthful) which luckily only adds six cards to the goal since i already have shining mew. But still, damn you.

3 Likes

Prerelease Cards

Where’s Raichu?!?!

2 Likes

It’s REAL and it’s OUT THERE.

5 Likes

This is kind of how I got in to Japanese promos.

I always liked them but I didn’t collect Japanese cards. I was a WotC set collector. But when I was assembling my Neo sets, I felt like I needed to collect all the Japanese exceptions that weren’t included or were altered in some way during the international release. This was where I learned that Japanese promos in this era were explicitly tied to sets, and were considered parts of those sets, so then I collected all the appropriate promos as well for all my WotC sets.

In doing this, I realized how much I loved these cards and how they filled me with a spark that set collecting was no longer providing. So once I finished my goals I made the switch. Here I am today!

7 Likes

Satan is tempting i know but that is definitely the route i must not join, slime is doing enough work to keep my wallet thin :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

This update is a couple months late but I did acquire three more cards in September.

These cards are part of the P Series of promos. They have more expensive counterparts featuring the Kanto starters, including a Venusaur I really like.

I have mixed feelings about these three cards. They’re weird-looking depictions of these Pokémon. But I also like when Pokémon cards look a little weird and unique because the variety of depictions is what makes them so fun to collect. I look forward to completing the subset with the Kanto starters and finishing this page!

Although… it won’t be for a while. :grin:

The biggest hurdle collecting Japanese promos remains condition. I try to buy PSA 8+ or near mint raw, but even then centering is always a concern.

Progress Spreadsheet

14 Likes

Your collection is phenomenal and I love the way you’ve layed it out. I can see the love you have for your cards.

Our interests seem to overlap. Binders, WOTC Promos, not getting too deep into missprints or sealed apart from a handful that you really enjoy and also starting with sets before falling down the rabbit hole of promo collecting.

Truly an inspiring collection.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for blessing us with an awesome update my friend. These cards go so well in the binder and your binder page looks phenomenal. I understand what you mean by weird looking and even more surprising that these 3 were depicted by 3 different artists and they all end u looking out of proportions. Looking forward to you posting the Kanto starters in the coming period.

Cheers!

1 Like