Some talk about the 1st Jungle psa10

This thread would be incluted to giant market market thread, but I think 1st Jungle deserves own thread by based recent pwcc results.
-I also understand that many of the recent pwcc auctions have not been completed yet, so sale prices may not be accurate yet.

• intro:

• The second released english wotc set, and a part of OG /150 pokedex.

-Many of the 1st psa10 holos have not seen sales due the low pop/avaivilibity during the recent price peaks, but now we may have some data to talk about.

• The most popular psa10 common, uncommon and rare cards have spiked already

• sealed boxes/boosters are going up and up.

-The psa10 holos are difficult to grade.

• the sum of the completed 1st psa10 Holo set based on the last auction is:

#1 Wigglytuff copy1: 2179€
Copy2: 1714€

#2 Vileplume. : 770€

#3 Victreebel. : 1038€

#4 Venomoth. : 1100€

#5 Vaporeon. : 12439€

#6 Snorlax : 13285€

#7 Scyther. : 1692€

#8 Pinsir. : 1142€

#9 Pidgeot copy1. : 1725€
Copy2. : 1375€
#10 Nidoqueen. : 1046€

#11 MR Mime. : 909 €

#12 Kangaskhan. :3850€

#13 Jolteon. : 2750€

#14 Flareon. : 3249€

#15 Electrode. : 736€

#16 Clefable. : 4316

TOTAL= 52 226€
(summed only the more expensive sales)

(1€ is aprox 1,15 usd,
total: 60 059 usd)

• Final result:

I do realize that there still is many sealed 1st Jungle Boxes, but the prices of those have went realy high, and as we do know the Holos are really difficult to grade as a Psa10.

What are your toughts about the set/ prices on this current market?

1 Like

It’s crazy to me that a psa 9 1st ed charizard is the same price as an entire psa 10 1st ed jungle holo set lol

That is, if those numbers are still accurate.

4 Likes

I think Jungle is still undervalued and underappreciated. Some really great cards in that set. You make good points. I wouldn’t be surprised if growth of 1st edition Jungle begins to rival Base Unlimited.

6 Likes

Second 1st ed set ever made by WOTC. I don’t think it needs anything more than that. 99% people who played Pokémon as a kid remembered the iconic jungle cards to some extent

3 Likes

Very true.

Think this is the start of the jungle boom myself.

1 Like

Undervalued agree but also - something to note is the PSA 9 to 10 ratios on some of these heavy hitters. They’re completely off. Talking vaporeon and snorlax specifically.

Yes the recent vaporeon 9 went for about 1600 usd on pwcc - but compared to 14,700 usd for the 10? For a chase card?

Snorlax too. The PSA 9 touching almost 2000 but realistically more around $1750 (even then, that’s only been recent increases, was even cheaper before). Yet the PSA 10 was $15,700.

Sure I get it. Sometimes PWCC gets big premiums. These cards I can almost guarantee you were not shilled, I know many people who are dying for these 2 in PSA 10 and willing to pay big bucks.

And again - we’re talking chase cards in terms of popularity for the set. We’re not talking some…random low pop 10 that frankly nobody would care about if it wasn’t low pop (ahem - misty’s golduck). Snorlax and eeveelutions are the most popular cards from the entire set. As many people have stated - Jungle is the 2nd set.

And there’s still many ebay snipes out there where you can get these chase PSA 9s for even less than $1000.

Don’t even get me started on the no symbols lol. Dirt cheap. No symbol PSA 9s basically have the pop equivalents of many PSA 10s from other sets. And the PSA 10s are effectively near unattainable for the chase cards.

2 Likes

The 1st Jungle 9s already have basically doubled if not more in most cases in the last few weeks alone. Vaporeon went from 400-500 last month to 1600 at the most recent PWCC auction, for a 9. Snorlax went from 600-800 to 2000. The less popular 1st Jungle 9s also essentially doubled in the same time frame. It is possible that Jungle continues to move upward, but it has already seen a ton of movement very recently. I would be at least slightly skeptical that more growth akin to those gains is due in the short term, although of course it is still possible; personally, I think Jungle already has boomed, just more quietly in the background as 1st ed base received more attention. I’m less aware of recent trends in the Jungle 10s, but I am fairly sure if a Jungle 10 goes to market, it will also bear out this 3-4 week doubling.

2 Likes