Skyridge holo crystal charizard

Thoughts on this card? Overrated or underrated?

I feel like even a 10 is cheap compared to other 10 charizards such as gold star, shadowless non 1st edition, 1st Ed neo shining.

Also what the lowest grade you would accept for the card? Is an 8 too low? Or for a card line this does the grade even matter?

I don’t get how it could be overrated. Its one of the most popular Pokemon, most popular wotc cards, most popular Charizard cards, its harder to pull within the context of crystals (more in Skyridge than Aquapolis + there are reverses), and its in one of the lowest if not the lowest printed set in the entire tcg (on the english side).

E series cards are generally much much easier to grade than all the other cards you mentioned. You can look at pop reports to get a better idea, but I’ve attached some below. Pop report isnt everything, but this likely plays some role in the overall price.

Skyridge Crystal holo:

Base Set Zards:

Dragon Frontiers Gold Star:

Neo Destiny Shining Zards:

The point im making here is that the 9/10 split for Crystal Holo is pretty even, with slightly more graded 9 than 10. However, for every other zard you mentioned, there are many more that are graded 9 and lower. In the most extreme case with base set, there are literally thousands of cards graded lower than the entire 10 population. Dragon frontiers has over 1800 gold stars graded lower than the 10 pop which is sub 100…

I’d personally take any grade, so long as the card is legible. I would rather buy it raw than graded though, unless the deal on graded was particularly good.

3 Likes

I feel like even a 10 is cheap compared to other 10 charizards such as gold star, shadowless non 1st edition, 1st Ed neo shining.

The issue here is that you’re only looking at the PSA 10 value. Crystal zard is worth more than gold star zard and 1st ed shining zard in every grade except for 10. For instance, a PSA 9 crystal zard is worth ~$6000 vs a PSA 9 gold star zard being ~$4000 and a PSA 9 1st ed shining zard being ~$3000.

2 Likes

Ah see I didn’t know that. I assume same goes for an 8?

1 Like