ShyGuy's Collection

Hi everybody,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and admiring all of the collections here, so I figured it was about time to open my own collection thread. :blush:

I’ll start off with what I consider to be the ‘Elite Four’ of my collection. They are not in perfect condition (there is some fading on the Pika and TMB), but I am happy just to own them.

67 Likes

Really beautiful set of cards!

Glad you decided to share your collection. :blush:

1 Like

I didn’t expect that at all when I opened this thread. Nice.

17 Likes

Haha I literally had the same reaction and did a double take. Amazing!

3 Likes

Unbelivable!!!

1 Like

5 Likes

Great colection! :blush: How long did it take you to obtain them, if you don’t mind my asking? Some people I have spoken with have voiced their frustrations for not having the “connection” to purchase cards like these… i’ve not experienced this myself. I am curious if you had similar difficulties or have possible advice to share for those who still wish to purchase.

2 Likes

Holy Shit! You are definitely a shy guy! Just casually posting the highest end cards, well done man! :sunglasses: :blush:

8 Likes

I love shy guy from the oldschool snes yoshi’s island days hehe.

i feel like i’ve heard or seen your name somewhere else before. Anyways, welcome to e4, hope you enjoy ^^

lol everyone is now already instantly jelly of you.

2 Likes

WHO ARE YOU???

WHERE DID YOU EVEN COME FROM???

lol I love when random people, out of no where just show up with the coolest cards. Always makes you wonder who else is out there hiding goodies like this :wink:

9 Likes

Nice cards shyguy and smooth way to become part of the forum. Welcome!

1 Like

Yeah but do you own a psa 1 no rarity Charizard??? I’m not clearly jealous or anything… baka

1 Like

I have to say as well I wasn’t expecting those cards when I opened this thread from a new member. Top show! I’m certain you’ll have lots of people watching as your collection grows from there… although you already have four of the most desired cards in the hobby as it is! :’)

2 Likes

Next minute posts pictures of multiple 1st edition base boxes :joy::joy:

Thanks for the kind words everybody! :blush:

@jkanly I began keeping an eye out for these cards starting a couple of years ago. I had known a little about them previously, but it wasn’t until learning more about them on this forum that I became really interested in owning them. I bought the TMB on Yahoo Japan, and I bought the Pika on ebay about a year ago. By a stroke of luck, the seller of the Pika trophy contacted me asking if I would like to buy any of the other cards in his collection privately, two of which were the SSB and Illustrator. I couldn’t refuse haha. :blush: I wish I could give advice or connections, since I have felt the same frustrations as well, but it was honestly just paying attention to yahoo/ebay auctions and getting lucky.

@elftan I certainly do not own one haha.

5 Likes

I enjoy hearing stories behind cards. I think it’s also nice to know there are a vast variety of collectors here. From the rare trophy hunters like yourself to Pokemon collectors like Quuad to set collectors like myself. I think the best part is we can appreciate everyone’s collection as we have all experienced the same frustrations in finding cards for ourselves.

3 Likes

Nek’ Minnut has a pre-release Raichu.

3 Likes

Epic dude, big congrats on the find :blush:

Nothing like the feeling you get when you find a seller and their willing to talk and share about what else they have and boom gold mine !! :grin:

2 Likes

hey its me ur brother

jk, you seriously werent bluffing when you said you had trophies in your welcome post :open_mouth:. Awesome cards!

3 Likes

@shyguy

Starting posts like this are reason why I get up every morning and log in to E4. Well done. :blush:

6 Likes