Show Off Your Last Cracked Slab (binder)

How it started

How it’s going

12 Likes

Such beautiful artworks on each card. Major congrats! :fire::lizard:

2 Likes

Excited to do this to a couple of whopper waifus, free the cards!
Any tips on cracking? I haven’t done this before but stumbled into PSA 9/10 versions of Guzma, Klara and Irida that are going into the Full Art Supporter Binder and it’s got to happen, I’ve just been nervous…

1 Like

Cracking is a lot easier than you would think. If you watch a few videos on YouTube you should be good. Few tips I’ve learned:

Get a clear a clear plastic bag to crack the card in. Bits and pieces go flying everywhere the bag will catch most of it while still being able to see what you’re doing.

Crack off the corner with pliers first, then use flathead screw driver to pop open case.

Once you pull out the card I recommend blowing off the card with a compressed air duster if you have one. Small bits and pieces of plastic will sometimes get stuck to the card from static electricity and you don’t want to put the card directly into a sleeve until those are off of it.

Happy Cracking!

4 Likes

Hey guys my first time was easier than i anticipated. Probably didnt do it the way yall are used to but it was super quick.

Heres what i did. I laid it on the counter with the edge hanging off and then i put a heavy book on top and held onto it really good and then with a quick little motion i whacked the corner with a hammer and it just snapped right off. Then popped it open with a flat head. Took maybe 20 seconds. One or two shards of plastic and card is beautiful.

7 Likes

@Rattlesnake i read your method after i did mine and im definitely taking your advice on the air duster step. Thank you for that tip

2 Likes

The first couple I did I rested the slab on a corner and smacked it with my bench press bar. Much less stressful using the more conventional method haha

6 Likes

By slab 10 you’ll be a pro

3 Likes

Y’all are brutal. Just use a wire cutter to snip the corners and a flathead screwdriver to pry open the case.

8 Likes

I put my slabs in the microwave. It melts the plastic slab right off.

19 Likes

Ah yes an educated gentleman

3 Likes

I have heard stories about @swolepoke just breaking slabs with his bare hands :muscle:

Cheers!

8 Likes

I learned my lesson the hard way today. I have been using wire cutters but my flat head was far too chunky and unfortunately clipped a clean PSA 8 Neo Tyranitar far beyond repair. Will be set up properly from this point. :cry:

5 Likes

He deserved better!

10 Likes

We’ve all been there once or twice! I’m thankful that it wasn’t a very expensive or rare card.

3 Likes

The only correct way to do it

Of course I saved the two of the most expensive for last :melting_face: These are a steal in PSA 5-7 imo hehe

10 Likes

That’s an expensive page :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

With how much that story is talked up, I’m starting to feel like some sort of Greek mythological character. :joy:

A tale that will be spoken of for generations to come :face_holding_back_tears:

9 Likes

I boil mine so it breaks down the glue faster…

2 Likes