Show Off Your Error Cards Megathread!

I’ll start showing off my Celebrations Offset/Double Printing Cards. Currently have 11/26

7 Likes

I don’t normally collect errors but if I see a Tyranitar I’ll dip my toe
I bought this “error” card from eBay, basically there is no cosmos Holo on the copy on the left and it’s just a flat shine where the Holo is.

I say “error” in quotes because I’ve never seen this before and don’t know if it’s an error or just a variant or what. Curious if anyone else has seen this sort of thing before and can provide some insight.

10 Likes

These would be referred to as a “mirror holo,” but I’ve almost never seen them outside of WoTC-era sets. What a cool find!

For example, here is my mirror holo PSA 9 Lapras from Fossil 1st Edition. As you can see, there are no stars or shimmering pattern, just a dull but shiny holo finish.

Note: My understanding is that these errors result from:

1. issues with ink layer thickness: multiple layers of the CYM (color) ink were applied, or

2. issues with ink opacity: the cyan, yellow, and magenta ink layers were applied once correctly, but the opacity of the ink was off, making the layers less translucent than desired

13 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply!

2 Likes

I don’t own this but found it perusing eBay. Never seen this kind of error before:

@Dyl you might be interested.

3 Likes

The seller originally had it listed for $950 and had sent me an offer on a few different occasions. I couldn’t justify $500 for a slight ink problem on an unlimited Fossil Dragonite, but it is a cool placement for an error! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it me, or are there a lot of holo blemishes for an 8?

1 Like

CGC Graphic design department strikes again

11 Likes

Insufficient I’s

12 Likes

Almost looks like someone used acetone to wipe off the 1st edition stamp.

border was printed over it, so not acetone in this case :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Almost” :smile:

2 Likes

MC stands for Ms. Caitlin

10 Likes

Now thisll be super interesting to watch.

7 Likes

I love seeing that foil on Fossil.

1 Like

Haven’t posted in awhile, here are some more of my texture shifts

13 Likes

Sold for $7,069.69

5 Likes

Thanks. I know I was watching lol. WOW more than I thought. More than all of us thought Id guess.

There was at least one e4 member who was willing to pay those higher prices… @betapoketrader did you win the auction? :eyes:

2 Likes

@Dyl Myself and a friend with the full set had a good chat about it during. Looking forward to discussing the after price with him next.