Show me some of your favorite middle stage evolutions

Often unloved, forgotten and heavily underused in the games; who are your favorite mid stage evolutions?
It would be interesting to hear of ones you like more than the final stage or initial stage

Porygon 2 - way better than z in terms of being designed based on an actual physics experiment (the dunking bird). This one gets even less love than most mid stages because you have to trade evolve it which is annoying to do for a final stage let alone a middle

Lairon - Not exactly sure why lairon seems much cooler to me than Aggron but it just does

10 Likes

I really like Dusknoir but Dusclops’ design is superior

9 Likes

Togetic didn’t used to be a middle evolution and I really wish they didn’t make a final evolution for it but oh well.

Wartortle has the most interesting differentiated middle evolution of the starters.

Of course Dragonair is a classic top tier middle evolution

14 Likes

*Insert arrow pointing to signature here*

2 Likes

Grovyle looks imo much better than Sceptile. Bonus points for the nostalgia of Mystery Dungeon. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I am a bit partial to Grovyle from the anime since it had a lot of style and certainly has a better design than sceptile.

7 Likes

Metapod is bae. I leveled one of these puppies up to 99 in one of my original games and it tackled its way through the Elite Four.

10 Likes

Ampharos is cool but not as fluffy as Flaaffy!

9 Likes

3 Likes

The first time I played Silver, I made sure my quilava never evolved. Love it.

9 Likes

poliwhirl
magneton
bayleef
dusclops
metang

magnezone is an abomination! You like metang more than beldum or metagross??

2 Likes

Magneton?! Who hurt you…

2 Likes

Came here to stan grovyle and very happy to see a couple people already doing so! Agree, love the mystery dungeon role, but even before then it was my fav gen 3, didn’t evolve mine on at least one play through

1 Like

Pikachufeels weird, doesn’t it?

7 Likes

2 Likes

THIS BOY

1 Like

They’re both adorable

4 Likes

There are so many great ones

5 Likes

9 Likes