Show me some of your favorite middle stage evolutions

I cant believe I didnt think of dusclops, quilava or ivysaur. To me those are easily better than the rest in their line

1 Like

Dragonair, Quilava, Grovyle are all quality as many have mentioned and my top favorites as well. Other good ones that come to mind: Flaaffy, Kirlia, Sealeo, Gabite, Zweilous, Torracat, Charjabug

4 Likes

Nidorino!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Some that immediately came to mind:

I’ve always liked Haunter the most from the three, and it’s actually one of my favorite Pokémon.

Happiny and Blissey aren’t too bad either, but Chansey is way better (and I’m actually surprised it hasn’t been posted yet, since I know a certain @qwachansey would agree with me :wink: ).

Probably one of my favorite newest gen Pokémon. Love the design of Hattrem and how (s)he walks on the legs of its hat. Without a doubt a better design than its pre-evolved and evolved forms Hatenna and Hatterene.

As for all other Pokémon of which I like the middle evolution more than the first or last (even though I still very much like all three of the evolutions):

And for those wondering why Pikachu isn’t here: I actually like Pichu and Pikachu equally. :blush: They are both superior over Raichu though. I’ve personally never liked Raichu too much.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Lol Rhydon? See Rhyperior doesn’t exist to me. I blocked that out of my mind. Rhydon is the final evolution so he doesn’t count :blush:

1 Like

Heh! :grin:

Not sure if this is the standard approach but I don’t actually think of Chansey as a “middle stage” since both Happiny and Chansey can be hatched from Eggs (not just in my biology theories but in the actual game lol) which are described in-game as the non-evolved forms; mid stage Evolution pokemon like Charmeleon do not hatch. Same for Hitmontop, Mantine etc.

Likewise in the TCG, Baby Pokémon were initially given the Baby & Basic Pokémon designation, but the Pokémon they could evolve into were still given the “Basic Pokémon” designation instead of “Stage 1”. And now with recent Cleffa and Wynaut cards, those are treated as Basic with no Baby status or mention or even ability to evolve into Clefairy, which is also Basic.

I’m curious if you consider Pikachu middle stage? Interesting how people approach this!

3 Likes

I don’t play any of the games nor have ever played the TCG, so despite them both being hatched from eggs in the games and despite the TCG ignoring the existence of baby Pokémon period, I personally see them as regular 3-stage Pokémon like the anime - even though the evolutions might be spread among multiple generations. :person_shrugging:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Gotta be Dusclops and Porygon2. I often play competitive and those two bad boys are stellar on my favorite kind of team: trick room, and just as support mons in general. Chuck in an eviolite and they become monsters.

2 Likes