Should we get an official Pokémon card museum?

Hey guys, pokemon is celebrating its 27th bday next month. Which I funny because its 3 days after my 30th bday. With how popular the hobby is and how popular Pokémon is should we finally get an official Pokémon trading card museum? Many other hobbies like comic books, sports cards, and coins already have an official museum but I think it’s Pokémon’s turn. The IP is over 100b USD, conventions like collect a con are a their highest and I think it would be a great opportunity if they did for the 30th anniversary built an official museum you could go and visit. I know dubsy is working on a virtual one of his collection. But I would an in person museum that the Pokémon company built you could walk through and see all the cards that many of us most likely couldn’t afford. I’m sure there a many cards that we don’t even really know about that were made they could Display it. What you guys think?

7 Likes

I’m surprised they haven’t done this already honestly.

2 Likes

Last year, The Pokemon Company had a job offer as an archivist:

Here is a small part of the role description: „This role will […] conduct large-scale inventories, write policy, process, catalogue, preserve, and other duties that will establish and develop the company’s first internal archive from the ground up“

Seems like your idea may become reality in the near future :slight_smile:

Source:

11 Likes

I’ve been working on an unofficial one in the mean time!

11 Likes

Just have a $10 ticket to access the grandma house for 1 hour

11 Likes

If they could do a museum with a copy of every card ever printed in every language I would be moving to that area the next day and applying for a job. I would become a 9-5er overnight. My dream job will soon exist apparently. Also to finally get to the bottom of some cards would be incredible, and to discover cards that are only known at a high high level of inside information. I hope to see the museum soon.

1 Like

They should have been archiving every release, set, card, variant, error etc from day 1.

1 Like

It is possible that they have, but that the information is scattered by medium (e.g., recorded in print vs. scanned vs. completely digital) and by language (e.g., Japanese vs. English).

1 Like

I know bullepedia has alot of the cards archived. But I want to see the things like trophies, never released cards, test prints, there are so many cards that in Japan we don’t know about I would love to see in a museum. Until discovered Scott and rusty I didn’t even know about a lot of those super rare cards like the special tournament cards or the fpo’s. I know leonhart interviewed a former wotcy employee who showed off unreleased cards with rules on the back and I’m sure Japan has a lot of that stuff too. I wouldn’t be surprised too if alot of these super rare cards like the snap cards if the Pokémon company owns everyone and they have just kept them sealed away for a time to show them off. I definitely 30th Anniversary would be the best time to release it.

This looks great!