Should this be a PSA 10?

Maybe I’m wrong but this kind of front facing damage shouldn’t qualify this as a 10 right? There are definitely strong and weak 10’s and this seems to be a weak one to me.

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 11.53.30 AM
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 11.40.01 AM

1 Like

The wear on the first picture seems reasonable for a ten. The second though…
This looks suspiciously similar to cards of mine that were damaged by PSA.

1 Like

Yeah the bottom right corner is acceptable enough but the top left seems kind of egregious. SO they damage it but still give it a 10? haha

This sort of front wear is more common than you might think on PSA 10s from this era unfortunately

1 Like

got ya, there’s other 10’s of this card out there that look better. Wondering if it’s still worth the 10 price tag with this type of damage, could get it for a little bit of a discount.

Mine got knocked partially knocked down to the ‘‘correct’’ grade. A few slipped through and stayed 9s/10s.

1 Like

Quite a few VS cards, I might even go as far as saying the majority I’ve seen, have this type of front corner whitening. Most of the time it doesn’t stop them from getting a 10.

1 Like

Shopping pikachu? This card is hard to grade and prone to corner chipping which is a factory error. I would say it’s psa 10 quality.

1 Like

Looking at previous comps on eBay, this card will probably end around where the others have. Currently I see it on auction for $610, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended around the comp prices. As for condition, this card is known for having corner wear, I found that out when looking for one without (never did :frowning: ).

Other than that, I wouldn’t expect to see a huge price gap due to the whitening (but anything is possible I suppose). Looking at the auction pictures, the back looks flawless at least.

1 Like

for sure! Thanks for the info!

Yeah I had a lower bid in and didn’t win, ended up going for 910 which is the highest I’ve seen one go for according to recent comps. PWCC had one go for around 700 so its kind of a hard card to gauge. Low pop and more 9’s than 10’s makes it pretty desirable,

1 Like