Shoops' Collection

Hello. I’ve been on E4 for close to 5 years now and was a filthy no-account lurker for a couple years before that. I believe it’s finally time to make a collection thread. Like many this past year or so, there have been some departures. I’ve never been emotionally attached to many things in my collection, and view collecting as a Pokedex of sorts. If I’ve owned something rare or cool at one point, that’s good enough for me! That being said, I’ve held onto a lot of things I really enjoy, so I hope some of you get a kick from seeing what my collection is all about.

I’ve tried my best to categorize things with a lore dump to start. Apologies in advance if the cropping/pictures aren’t the greatest. I’m TERRIBLE at this kind of stuff.

How it started

These three cards are the most defining for me as a collector. The Charizard is pretty obvious; my dad bought it for my birthday back in the initial Pokemon craze. It had been stolen once and lost countless times until I finally got it slabbed up and it now sits safely in my drawer these days.

Shining Mew is the card that got me back into the hobby. Sometime in 2019, I was buying a couple things at Walmart and took a stroll through their card section. There were heaps of Shining Legends pin boxes on clearance for $5 each. I stopped collecting cards around the time the English Neo sets came out, but never stopped playing the games. Out of pure nostalgia, I picked up a couple boxes and the journey resumed. I pulled the Shining Mew and was MIND BOGGLED that there were shiny Pokemon in the TCG. I loved shiny hunting in the games, and that sent me down the rabbit hole of shiny Pokemon in the TCG.

Which leads to the Milotic. My all-time favorite card. This copy is the first card I ever sourced myself from Japan. I had never bought a single thing overseas before, and I put complete trust in a random stranger that I couldn’t even communicate with outside of translate. It all worked out and we remain friends to this very day. One day I might decide to sell everything, but these three cards are ones I will never part with.

Now that I served you some lore, let’s get to the gallery! These are not all of my graded cards but are the ones I enjoy most.

My graded shiny TCG collection









Non-shiny graded cards



Now let’s get niche.

Again, not everything, but some cool stuff I’ve picked up over time.

Shiny non-tcg collection:







That’s all for now. I have a terrible back log of cards I’ve put off on grading for years and years. I’m thinking of sharing those as well, but that will definitely have to be for another day. I have some more non-tcg I’d like to share soon as well. One of those things being the rarest item I’ve ever purchased. It is related to shiny Pokemon, of course. Until then, hope you enjoyed! One quick final note; I’d like to give a special shout-out to the Bagon Bois. Especially the boi who listens to all my crazed rabbit-hole shiny rants.

Here’s a fun bonus of my mental illness entire DPPt shiny collection.:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

17 Likes

Wow- amazing collection. Love the clash of the summit electivire, it’s one of my favorite artworks and TOKIYA always kills it.

Loved the story about finding Shining Legends at walmart as well.

Edit to say, you have one of my grails I have put off on acquiring for years now, the BW Empoleon UR. Gorgeous card!

2 Likes

Amazing collection and I really enjoyed reading the personal lore. Thank you for sharing! That final imagine is an incredible sight to behold.

2 Likes

Bagon bois represent :sparkles: :baggage_claim: :on_arrow: :sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Crazy number of DPPt shinies. And the shiny Bandai Kids figures look so good!

1 Like