Shizzlemetimbers Collection 2022 - 6 Years in the Making

Here we have the two ‘sneaky’ Gyarados cards, I wish there were more sneaky Gyarados’ in cards but alas he is too big to sneak.
Chūgoku/Shikoku Lucky Stadium Promo SUPER ZOOM

Fan Club Promo (New Year Present) Pretty funny card lol - Dragonite was caught off guard, Charizard is laughing his head off, Seadra was wasted from earlier new years eve drinks so KO’d already and Dratini is copping most of the New Years Beam

8 Likes

@shizzlemetimbers Really? You’re the first person I’ve seen whose taste reflects my own! I actually really like the M Gyarados EX one and as you said, the regular EX card is starting to grow on me, slightly!

Seeing as the M Gyarados EX does not have special ability under the name (only a collector so the specific name for those abilities slip my mind for the moment) like most mega / primal EX cards have had recently I’d say they have a fair chance of being nothing short of amazing! Really holding my breath for those!

1 Like

Yeah I am the same do not follow the TCG but in the gotta catch them all camp

1 Like

Thick stamp English, German and Korean 1st editions

Have Italian coming and possibly French, by possibly I mean the seller marked it as sent but not long after their account is ‘no longer a registered user’ (700ish feedback) so that sucks I guess!

7 Likes

the different colours on each variation are nice to look at side by side

2 Likes

Good on you for getting those alternative language ones! I’m trying to hold off on getting different languages (usually they just get donated to me) outside of English & Japanese until I complete my main collection. Haha.

That New Year Present though. ; - ;

And I’m so tempted to do what you did and get a crap-ton of XY Promos. I got three by accident and didn’t even care I loved them so much. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

@acebren Yeah the Korean is probably the nicest with the deepest colours IMO probably as it was the 4th print run

@azulryu It is fun chasing those different languages as most of the time it is outside eBay I like the challenge :blush: Are you going for complete English and Japanese?

3 Likes

@shizzlemetimbers

Pretty close to it. Hard hitters are New Year Present, Thick Stamp Shadowless, and that’s pretty much it. Have to get some Unlimited and non-holo stuff too but dragging my feet on those. Haha.

1 Like

also @azulryu what is the code down the bottom of your EX Dragon pre-release? Is yours the same as mine: RT6-A16-3WN?

4 Likes

Yeah those two are the bite the bullet ones, as they never pop up cheap lol. Nice there is always a few that pop up after you think you have got them all! I’m weighing up if I should do the different codes down the bottom of the card as well ala @tonysandlin style with his insane Voltorb and Electrode collection but will be tough…whatcha reckon?

Haha, actually I got inspired by him too, but I reckon I’ll start that as well when I complete my main collection. Mostly interested in visual variants over number/technical variants. Who knows. I might retire after getting the main collection done. XD

The Snap card will be mine one day, though! *shakes fist*

Mhmm such nice additions mate! Love seeing your collection grow!

1 Like

Thanks mate! To be fair only the Korean is a new addition just uploading my collection slowly but surely :grin:

2 Likes

Forgot to respond to this, but unless there are any uncommon or common Gyarados, you won’t need to worry about the code variations. All rares and higher have only one code.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip there is one uncommon Gyarados which is the EX Dragon (I have seen two variations of the code for the non-reverse) and I hope to high heaven that the EX Dragon pre-release didn’t come in different variations as that card is hell to find.
Are the codes only on the regular cards aka non-reverse holo?

You could try checking this out if you haven’t yet. www.elitefourum.com/t/pokemon-ex-series-serial-code-variants-lets-make-a-list/12831/1

There are no variations for the RH cards, but I don’t know anything about the pre-release. You could try finding as many pictures of the card as possible to see if there is only code.

1 Like

OK that is awesome thanks mate, only need that one other variant then the pre-release to look out for is RT6-A16-83A if it exists @azulryu share your code…lol

Don’t forget each language too :stuck_out_tongue:

That is the fun part :grin:

1 Like

Sadly nope. I have the 3WN version.