I have some cards held up in Japan since April 8th and the seller has contacted the post office a couple times to verify that they have major delays right now. I am also fine waiting, but I echo Barry Zuckerkorn’s concern about ebay’s buyer protection policy. My seller offered a full refund on a $300 purchase and told me I can pay when I get them or refuse to accept the mail when it arrives, which I thought was way too generous and refused.
Very true how long does eBay buyer protection last for? @quuador I bet you’re somewhat like myself. When I open the mail it’s almost like opening a pack. What I open is always a mystery. Sure I know what I ordered but out of 50 orders plus at a time you never know what your opening. I purposely ignore the sellers name so I don’t have any clues. It’s quite fun
after that I check condition with my girlfriend and come up with our “grades we think they will get” haha ![]()
I’m pretty sure it depends on the payment method. In general, eBay’s buyer protection only lasts 30 days (so basically way too short imho…). When you pay with PayPal, you’re protected up to 45 days from the moment you’ve paid. And if you’ve used credit card (or PayPal with credit card attached), you usually have a couple of months protection - although this depends on your credit card company.
Although these times change pretty often. In the past (5+ years ago) it used to be 180 days PayPal protection and 60 days eBay protection… I personally think two months / 60 days is reasonable (before Covid), since all packages I’ve ordered in the past ten years (excluding those that were lost) traveled between 1 day up to ~2.5 months from moment of purchase to arrival at my place (excluding one pre-order that took 3.5 months due to problems at the factory…).
Greetz,
Quuador
@quuador Thanks for the information :-). Do you tend to enjoy the mystery of opening mail as well? Or do you memorize what seller you got each card from and instantly know?
Mix of both I guess. I usually think to know which package it is based on the seller name or country of the post stamp (if either or both are present), but I sometimes am also surprised to open something else I wasn’t expecting.
These days probably less than before, since I now log all my incoming purchases, but in the past I sometimes had a package arrive that I kinda forgot about until I opened it. ![]()
Greetz,
Quuador
@quuador Haha very true. Sometimes I find myself just simply hoping for my oldest purchases
but I do enjoy being surprised. I also get tons of enjoyment filling the holes in my binder
I find myself figuring out exactly where I plan to put each card. You strike me as someone that also does this kinda thing
For my general collections (Pikachu, Seviper, FA Supporters, etc.) I already have spaces for the missing cards. Although I do have to move things around every now and then if too many new cards of the same artwork are released (i.e. when the McDonald’s 2019 of the Shining Legends artwork were released).
PS: We’re going a bit too off-topic here probably… ![]()
Greetz,
Quuador
Ya I’m good at being random sometimes. My bad Dblast. Hope everyone’s orders arrive safe and no one stresses to bad. Have a good morning guys ![]()
Bad boy Mike. You following the conservation protocols? It’s fine, I also enjoy talks about Pokemon Binders.
As it relates to delayed shipping, I hope the small volume japanese sellers that have accrued 5+ negative reviews will not walk away. They could have increased shipping prices to figure out other routes of transport, ie. DHL, I have heard great things about.
How much is DHL JP to US for <4oz ship - $40 usd I imagine…
It’s been pretty inconsistent. Most of what I ship out has had 0 issue, however I’ve had a few items I’ve sent with tracking where the tracking states the post office hasn’t received the item 5+ days after I’ve dropped it off.
As a seller, patience and understanding is greatly appreciated during these times.
As long as I get my Pikachus from Japan, everything will be okay. @andyk, are you shipping Pikachus from Japan? I hope it’s all good over there.
I’ve sent out probably 15 packages in the last couple of weeks, and recieved like 5, and all of them except one that I sent have been making it on time, or very close. I’ve had one package take 2 weeks to get like 5 states over… An expensive card too. It’s making it’s way there though. Tracking finally has been updating.
@gollox ,
US domestic has been relatively fine, especially with tracking.
@dblast, my experience has been all US Domestic. Sorry, should have clarified that in my comment. I’d bet there’s a little bit of variance depending on the location.
I wish I had some more Pikachus from japan ![]()
I have been robbed of my money by impatient buyers twice now. Both items have tracking but have been in the mail about 2 months. If the tracking EVER says delivered I will try to contact them and ask if they will pay me back, but I doubt it. People that demand a refund as soon as possible just want a free item and don’t care about the hard work of others. Anyone that thinks it is okay to claim they have no received an item with tracking during these times is 100% in the wrong. You know what’s happening in the world and are being a jerk to a fair seller with 100% feedback.
Big question is how does AU/JP have room for the 45+ days of packages not leaving the country?
Sorry to hear that
and honestly I don’t know if your sales were Us to US or Canada to Canada but I feel all international orders should stop being processed until this clears up. It’s like asking for trouble. Anyone knowing the international delays can try to open a case knowing it’s not going to come on time. Sounds like a nightmare senerio. My only Australian order is for $6 and I thought it was from Canada sense it was paid in Aud
Easy. They are returning packages. Refund form attached.

@mulder , I can’t read that except the numbers. So… You got 420 yen back from a returned shipment from 3/30/20? Hm. So you have the packages? I think you can inquire about DHL and see if buyer can pay more or wait until shipping times clear…
I will hold off on refunds, even if the cards have not gone up in value at all… I would really like to have those pikachus this year.
Yeah it’s not a good situation for buyers or sellers… If sellers are responsive to messages, it helps puts buyers suspense at ease. Most sellers have updated me and go as far as offer refund (which i choose to wait) or check with post, but the ones that go silent, I see they are adding negative ratings. The Ebay warranty mentioned is reassuring… Guess we’ll wait it out.
Is there an update when flights will be back to normal…?