Shadowless run

It amazes me that no one who once worked for wizard has given out the print run for this set. However, uncut sheets and staff promos somehow made it into collections. I figure somebody somewhere down the road has at least an idea of how many were printed.

I’ve always heard it was the same for 1st. They did feel the same when they first came out. Unlimited was out in no time and stuck around for years. Not so much for 1st and Shadowless.

Thanks for the insight. Think I heard that somewhere too. I imagine a lot of us find it ironic that the shadow was added to give the cards what they thought would be a better aesthetic. Shadowless prints are a lot more appealing to the eye.

I agree with you now, but back when I was 10-11 years old we all thought the shadow was way cooler. My friend actually refused to trade with a kid that had a Shadowless cards as he thought they were ugly.
Even today, I’m sure you ask a random kid to trade one of his shiny GX/Full Art for a Mint Shadowless holo and they will laugh at you. As collectors we sometimes forget the target audience of this product.

You make a really good argument. Collecting is subjective. I wonder if due to the relative small suspected printing of shadowless cards they increase dramatically in value closer to what the 1st edition cards are today. As Gary said, they look cleaner and are impossible to fake. Darn good point.