SETS WITH LIMITED AND UNIQUE RELEASES???

Hi guys,

Still pretty new to the forum but love it, ive been on Instagram for the past year and when i first started getting back into the hobby it was great but lately its changed a lot and lots of people are all about making money through raffles, auctions etc. This forum has been a great place to read up and be inspired by like minded people.So i went to Japan recently and i love a lot of their promos and special releases main small sets like the warm pika set but open to anything.
I’m wondering if we can work together to create a list of card sets that have had a limited and or unique release (if you know how many or how long they were released for add it in too)PS was there anything in english released like they do in japan?
eg:

• Natta wake set- Masaki set- Unqlo warm pikachu set- Pal city set- Mc Donald promo set- Black star promo WOTC (not sure if this wold be on this list but each card was a unique release and limited to the event)- Illusion’s Zorua illustrator set. Look forward to your thoughts and input :blush:
    Cheers,Owen
2 Likes

unique i would say 4th print UK base set

as the holos are very hard to find because they reused the unlimited holos they had left and mixed them in with the 4th prints

I’m just a bit confused since your definition for “unique” and “limited” seems to be pretty vague especially if you intend on including WOTC black star promos which are generally neither “unique” (in terms of artwork) or “limited”

But here are a few Japanese sets you may be interested in looking into:

JR Rally cards
Corocoro magazine cards
Trainer magazine promos (in particular the T Promos)
Lottery promos (there are multiple different sets of lottery cards)
Player’s / Daisuki promos
Art Academy
Snap cards
Battle Roads promos

There are so many more… just pick a set that sticks out to you and works for your budget and have fun

3 Likes

Japanese EX Power Keepers (World Champions Pack) also had a fairly unique method of distribution.

You could only order the packs online from TPC in Japan for a few weeks, and they were then distributed to those who had ordered. IIRC the set was only made to give Japanese players access to the same cards that the English players had, since the English set had been released earlier.

This means sealed packs are quite hard to get.

Pokemon VS series
Lost Link Japanese

Thanks @jameskray didn’t realize the 4th print holos were mixed with the standard holos, that certainly does make it harder to find them!

Thanks heaps @pkmnflyingmaster I love the list you gave, Anymore you can add like this would be great. I added the WOTC black star promos cos each card was released at a event which makes it unquie compared to buying them and also rather limited i would assume, it was the only english cards i could think of that do this. where as the Japanese TCG have so many awesome unquie promo sets. the examples i gave were very similar to your ones so thats awesome, i have actualy collected a few of those sets already. thanks again for the info.

Thanks @fourthstartcg I never knew about these, i had a look for some last night and found a video of a person opening one, have you collected a lot of this set! great set to chase!

Thanks hershey great to be here, have really been enjoying the site and info you can find here, great community. Keep up the great work love your collection mate.

Thanks @bewear had a look at these sets both really cool, but still rather large sets hoping for something a bit smaller to collect like the JR Rally, warm Pika set, Natta wake, Maskai set. which all have 6 or less cards :blush:

Anymore that people know of like this than post them up.

Cheers,
Owen

There are some unique Japanese promo decks from 1999 and earlier that I love. The card arts are fantastic and in some cases very unique.

The bulbasaur -Squirtle VHS Intro Deck (~$100)
The starter gift set with Red and Green Decks (Price fluctuates, but more than 300 I think sealed)
The Neo Intro Deck (Value has spiked, but I would say around $400-$500)