Sets of the Fortnight #27#28 - Dragon Vault & Double Crisis

So, it’s been a while again. When looking through the sets just yet I thought Double Crisis might be a good idea to do next. But because it only contains 34 cards being a Mini Set, I added a second Mini Set as well:

Dragon Vault

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Vault_(TCG)

Double Crisis

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Double_Crisis_(TCG)
Discuss:
Favorite cards in the setsWorst cards in the setsHow you feel about these sets in general
Dragon Vault is a Mini Set released in the Black & White era. The English set is released on October 5th, 2012 (Japanese on January 27th, 2012). The set contains 21 cards: 17 Dragon-type Pokémon cards; 3 Trainer cards; and an additional Dragon-Type Pokémon as Secret Rare (which was released as separated promo in Japanese). Because the set is smaller, the packs are smaller as well. Instead of 10 cards, the packs contain just 5 cards per pack. All 21 cards in this set are Holofoil.
Double Crisis is a Mini Set released in the XY era. The English set is released on March 25th, 2015 (Japanese on January 30th, 2015). The set contains 34 cards with the theme Team Aqua vs Team Magma.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

So, let’s start with the Dragon Vault set. My favorite is by far this one:

A very solid pose and artwork for Rayquaza.

I also really like the Dragini with rainbow background, as well as the darker Haxorus:

As for the Double Crisis set, my favorite is of course the Seviper for obvious reasons (being my favorite Pokémon, but it has a great artwork as well):

These two as set are also among my favorites:

But I like most of the cards in this set, though. Especially because they almost tell a story. Here some examples:

If I ever decide to collect sets (I won’t…), this would be one of the first ones I’d like to complete. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

I also like Rayquaza the most. Some other cards I like:

3 Likes

I love Dragon Vault because it was all about DRAGONS :heart_eyes: Rayquaza, Salamence and Dratini #2 that have already been posted are also my favorites from the set.

Double Crisis was a very nice mini set as well. The art is pretty all around. Team Magma’s Groudon EX is probably my favorite but I like this one a lot too:

Honestly these 2 mini sets is where English TCG did it right. I wish they’d do it more.

2 Likes

Dragon Vault has some pretty interesting looking holo’s with the horizontal lines in the foil. Boxes are super cheap so I picked up a couple not too long ago. I put the notable pulls into a binder spread.

External Media

1 Like

Abit late but not to be undone, Dragon Vault is probadly my favorite set period. I have a master set of it. And its a beautiful little collection.

2 Likes

Quuador if you ever want a master set of Dragon Vault I’d aim for the Japanese version. I got about 6-7 NM/M master sets of JP Dragon Vault along with some ace specs and promos from a seller for like $16 so I figure that it shouldn’t cost too much

2 Likes