Set of the Fortnight #26 - EX Dragon Frontiers

EX Dragon Frontiers
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EX_Dragon_Frontiers_(TCG)
Discuss:
Favorite cards in the setWorst cards in the setHow you feel about this set in general
This EX set that was released in November 2006 in English was the last set to feature Delta Species Pokémon, and as such, only four of the total 83 Pokémon in the set are not Delta Species. The four non-Delta Species Pokémon are reprints from previous sets. Larvitar and Pupitar from Expedition Base Set, and Ralts and Kirlia from EX Sandstorm.

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Let me start with my favorite two artworks from this set (I think almost everyone would agree with the first one :blush: ):

Some other cards that I quite like:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

I remember opening packs as a kid and I absolutely loved the delta holos. Some of the artworks I really like from the set:

5 Likes

I do really love the Charizard, but my favorite card in this set is of course Dragonite. I also like the card arts of some of my other favorites; such as gatr, ttar, and mence. Overall, I really liked this set as it featured Pokémon as different types and I thought that was pretty cool.

2 Likes

I have nothing deep to say as this set is simply awesome - lots of great cards with beautiful art, pretty holos, nice ex-cards and 2 very popular Gold Stars with the Charizard being my second favorite of all the Gold Star cards.

My top favorites from this set are the Charizard GS and Ninetales holo and most of my other favorites have already been posted as well, but here’s some more cards that I like:

4 Likes

Lots of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I like the Dratini and even the Seel from this set:

4 Likes

Every time I see Dragon Frontiers it is surrealism. This was the “new” set when I started collecting again. I know that it is 12 years old now, but I still can’t shake that feeling of it being new.

Most of the cards have been shared already that I remember. I pulled a couple Nidokings. This was my first experience with the EX era reverse holo. I thought it was cool Nidoking had gold writing. I still have that copy in my old binder.

Oh and I remember buying these 3 pack blisters all day from Target for about $15 in 2006-07. They are now $300-400. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

My favorite card is… you guessed it…

babu Dewgong.

And not just because duh, it’s Dewgong, but this is actually my favorite artwork for a Dewgong card I think. That or Supreme Victors.

As for the set in general it’s one of my favorites for Gen 3. I like the Pokemon selection, I like the delta types they gave them, I like most of the artwork. I fondly remember buying some guy’s binder on eBay in 2009 and inside of it was mostly EX Dragon Frontiers cards, including an unadvertised Mew gold star.

2 Likes

I’m grading 2 feraligatrs (both rev and regular holo) and the togetic rev holo from this set. I LOVE the gold lettering on the rev holos.

2 Likes

The Dewgong from this is set is such a gorgeous card.

1 Like

I just have so much love for nearly every card in this set, an amazing artstyle and great work just throughout

1 Like

Some other art I enjoy from this set. I always thought this Ralts had one of the best looking card arts of the entire EX Series on it - just absolutely gorgeous. I also really like the halo/glow the delta species pokemon have in this set as it gives them an extra kick/emphasis that really only the Delta Species artworks have in the entire series. I always found the flaming Swellow both hilarious and one of the best Swellow arts in the entire TCG (With the exception of another EX Series Swellow art)

3 Likes

today I pulled aswell the Feraligatr Reverse Holo and was wondering, how rare is this card? I only know that Gold Stars are the kings from this set, but have no idea of ex holo, reverse holo etc.

imgur.com/goCRedH

Its been a bit, but from what I remember there are typically a combination of 9-10 Holo/EXs in a box. 2-3 EXs (with potentially one of those being replaced by a gold star). There is a reverse card in every pack, with the reverse being randomly any card from the set thats not an EX/Secret Rare

The first tournament I ever won was a City Championships when this was the current set. I won with Flygon ex δ, and managed to pull another one from my packs as well as a Mew star! I still have the medal, but this set has always been special to me because of that win and how much I used Flygon in the 07 season. My favorite cards art-wise are probably Feraligatr, Nidoqueen, Cloyster, and Island Hermit, but there are so many spectacular cards it’s hard to exclude some.

3 Likes