Set With The Smallest Print Run

As the title suggests, what was the set that is theorized to have had the scarcest print run? I was under the impression Aquapolis and Skyridge were incredibly low, but are there any actual numbers that point to them being the lowest, moreso than other notoriously small print run sets like EX Dragon and such? I assume its mainly speculation, but wanted to hear y’all’s opinions.

Shadowless?

1 Like

99-2000 Fossil is pretty scarce if we’re talking English, probably unlimited Korean Base if foreign is allowed?

4 Likes

4th Print UK Base Set?

2 Likes

ahh yeah, I meant to specify just English. And I completely forgot about that set lol

Was this print set ever released in other countries like… Finland?

I remember when I was there, I saw newer boxes in a K-Supermarket and they all originated from the UK.

Nonetheless, I think I’d have to agree with this UK set. Very hard to find mint copies nowadays.

edit: meant print run, not set.

The boxes printed in UK the boosters and the theme decks were distributed a bit throughout Europe (mainly eastern EU countries which didn’t have their own language printed) and some Middle Eastern Countries (with strong economy) which didn’t have the ban on Pokémon.

1 Like

So this seems not specific, are people talking the entire set? Or just overall print of a block. I’m seeing 1999-2000 everywhere, but to me that’s still part of the same set.

1 Like

I somewhat agree with you. While most people separate them, to me, its just a small section of Base Set, as a whole

1 Like

That’s good to know. Some people mis-list cards all the time, so things like finding “1999-2000” takes some effort. :slightly_frowning_face:

It is very hard to find 1999-2000 holos from base set (non.holos are way easier), even when looking at UK market or EU market in general. Fossil 1999-2000 is even harder, even in Australia where they are from.

Not because people don’t list them as such, but because they are very very scarce.

I don’t want to enter in why or why not it is or it isn’t a set or subset, but the variant definitely has rarity.

1 Like

No Rarity Expansion Set (1st Edition).

1 Like

Most mentions here are variations of a set. If that is the case do grey stamps count? Or even more absurd, thin stamped nh cards?

There is no definitive answer, as no one has access to print runs. The general consensus is when Pokemon wasn’t as popular; e series & early ex sets.

3 Likes

I would put my bet on skyridge or e-series set in general

2 Likes

has to be e-series? at the time they were sausage meat, i know when i saw them i stopped collecting and pretty much everyone i knew at the time do too.

3 Likes

If we are talking about English alone. And without set variations (so excluding 1999-2000, stamp differences, etc.), I’d say English VS Series. :wink: Although I don’t think they’ve printed the entire set… I’ve only seen these six thus far.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Only the cards featured in the tyranitar VS deck were printed in non Japanese languages

Yeah, noticed that myself after posting my comment above. Would love to see the Danish and Swedish language VS cards that supposedly also exist (according to Bulbapedia).

Greetz,
Quuador