Set of the Fortnight #32 - EX Emerald

I really like holo energies cards as a kid so I had the complete ex emerald holo energy set with extras. I probably traded cards that are worth much more now given how cheap the energies are but it is what it is lol. The energy set is still one of my favorite parts of this set and underrated imo. The regirock ex from this set is one of the most memorable ex’s I remember from my childhood so this set is definitely special to me in a different way from other ex sets. Also can’t forget that amazing rayquaza artwork.

6 Likes

This is probably my favorite EX set in terms of just the EX cards. Always loved it, still do. The holos are a bit of a mixed bag, but none of them are directly bad, and some of them (like demonstrated in the post above this one) are truly great standouts.

The energies are great. The booster box and pack design always fascinated me, very cool and somewhat untypical for Pokemon. A stiff, old sort of refinement, borders galore. If it weren’t for the magic monsters on the booster box you could mistake it for a box of confection.

3 Likes