Sending a Card to PSA, Penny Sleeve or KMC ?

Simple question but would it be a better idea to put the card in a penny sleeve over a KMC Hyper Mat Sleeve before the card saver so its easier for the grader to remove the card.

There just much easier to remove a card from or should i even double sleeve a very valuable card before the card sleeve ?

Many thanks ! :blush:

I think that in their guidelines there is a line that auto-rejects double sleeved cards.
It’s card inside penny sleeve inside semi rigid or nothing.

I put all of my cards in penny sleeves with a post it tab before the card saver. I don’t think you have to add That much protection where you have to double sleeve it xD

Yeh was going to take that little tip from @gemmintpokemon recent pack openings of 1st base set packs. :wink:

Bought some www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0031YGL5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this morning.

1 Like

Always think about the end goal: Allowing the grader to take the card out in the easiest way possible while also preserving the card.

One of the most frustrating things is buying a card that takes more than 15 seconds to open from the outside of the package.

2 Likes

Penny sleeve–>Post it tab–>card saver

If the graders remove the card carefully, simply the card inside the card saver works perfectly because CARD SAVERS DO NOT DAMAGE CARDS;) Remember, card graders handle, flip, rub, pat, wipe etc all cards with their bare hands.

It was my paranoia that made me start the post it thing. Plus, when using sleeves it’s easier to maneuver the cards down into the card saver.
I never shared this system with anybody but the old timers like Steve Gordon and Eddie/ebirdman until I started to share it on these forums years ago and it has since blown up. I should have bought stock in Post-It lol.

1 Like