Selling Forum

Hey there,

I know eFour is not a selling forum, so where do you usually head to other than eBay when you want to sell your collection?

Thanks a bunch :blush:

Instagram is really good if you have any sort of following. There is a PokĆ©mon buying/selling community on Reddit at /r/pkmntcgtrades - although I’ve had little luck with that myself as a collector of a specific somewhat niche PokĆ©mon. Finally there are a lot of different Facebook communities, the largest probably being Virbank City PokĆ©Mart (which is now run by @funmonkey54 ), and loads others which are region-specific (i.e. there’s a community for Indonesian TCG Trades etc).

In terms of forums, PokƩBeach has a section which you can sell on.

6 Likes

Virbank City PokeMart is your best bet by a long shot. Over 20,000 active members. It’s the largest online sales-based Pokemon community in the world.

6 Likes

What can I say other than thank you both of you :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

Just applied to join! Look forward to checking out the community :blush:

1 Like

Facebook: Facebook is great at quickly familiarizing yourself with the poke community. Virbank, WOTC, and Poke collectors are some of the big groups you’d want to join. Things to watch out for… the gatekeepers and the collectors that will complain about above market prices. If you don’t mind a bit of pushback with your listings, it is a great place to start.

Instagram: The barrier to entry in this market is higher but so worth it. You need a following but IG forces you to build deeper connections in the market. You slowly start to get introduced to various services like tcg.collector who will market your listing for $6 and get the word out and Danakinzero that’ll use an affiliate link for ebay to give you some deals you may have missed. There is definitely some salt to the IG community, especially since this price hike, but you will get some of the best deals/connections/trades from there.

Mercari: I have had good experiences with mercari. It is like ebay but the paying system is in house which avoids additional fees. Some notable sellers are on there and deals can be insane, but it is really hard to build connections as mercari is anal about sharing personal info.

Ebay: What can I say? The fees are high and auctions are a bit of a gamble. But the big advantage is that you get pretty much the entire market for pokemon (besides maybe yahoo auctions) to highlight your product.

4 Likes

Stick to your guns on pricing, a lot of cry babies and butt hurt people buying on there.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! I’ve went ahead and actually applied to join all the groups you mentioned.

I have tried to look through Instagram. It’s not easy to find what I’m looking for in there. Maybe need to spend more time messing with it

Bobblesupra is my IG. Feel free to follow everyone I am following to get a grasp of the pokecommunity there!

1 Like

Yup this round about sums it all up

1 Like

Let me guess. You want to make a WTB thread :wink:

2 Likes

:blush:

1 Like

Virbank City PokeMart

I have had bad luck with the ā€œoriginalā€ Virbank community, now that @funmonkey54 is running it, I will give it a try, thank you.