Seller sent to wrong buyer

Hey guys, won a card in auction a few days ago. Seller says they sent it to the wrong buyer. Says they are trying to arrange the buyer shipping it to me with tracking but have gotten no response. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like that. Should I just ask for a refund since I don’t trust some random buyer to ship it to the right address with tracking anyways? Thanks

I would ask for a refund

5 Likes

Well, if the seller can successfully get the wrong recipient to redirect the item to you, then everything will be fine. If it doesn’t work out or you don’t receive the correct item, then you can easily get a full refund anyways, so I would wait a little bit, at least if the seller is reputable and has good feedback.

1 Like

once happened to me; seller sent my cards to another person and this 3rd guy ended up sending me my cards, to me. This was through eBay like 8 months ago.

Happened to me once on my hundreds of packages sent.

Both buyers wanted their cards ($40 vs $300). Some people are just good people. Both sent it to eachother, both confirmed, I paid for postage + $10 upon receipt presented because that was the least I could do. Worked out in the end,However I would’ve refunded if either asked. I offered it initially both fortunately both asked me to reach out to the otehr person. It was my mistake. Happens

edit:: since I offered nothing for you. If you want the card, give it a little bit. you have 30 days upon ‘delivery’ to get a complete refund with ebay. 30 or 45, not sure.

If you dont care for the card/ low amount seller feedback ratings, refund.

1 Like

I just want to point out how rare this circumstance is that all three parties are willing to work it through lwith a positive outcome. My advice to the OP would be to ask for a refund so as to wash your hands of the situation, as stated above. If the seller wants to come back and offer to sell again once they’ve recovered the card they’re welcome to do so.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen once. Seller just refunded me and ate the loss I think. He had no idea who my cards ended up going to so unless they were nice enough to send them back they probably just took ‘em. Shame cause I really wanted them :slightly_frowning_face:

This just happened to me the other day I was printing out shipping labels and I had like 10 labels sitting on my table with the cards on each label and I messed up 2 orders of the same value and the buyers are returning the cards and planning to buy them back. Out of about 500 transactions it’s the first time this has happened to me