Sealed PLAY Promos

Hey all,

Had a quick question about the infamous PLAY promos: do these all come sealed? I understand that some cards (e.g. Kyogre ex, Groudon ex, and Rayquaza ex) come sealed together while others are sealed individually. However, I would be very interested to know whether or not they all come in a sealed package of some sort and if so, are there any others that are sealed together (like the aforementioned example)?

Cheers,
SoulWind

Lugia ex and Ho-Oh ex are both next to impossible to find sealed

Really? Do they come in a single sealed packet or are they sealed individually?

I honestly have no idea. I’ve never seen them sealed for sail, or sealed in someone’s collection.

Can anyone tell me if this is legitimate?

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Japanese-card-Sealed-Play-Promos-Registeel-ex-Regirock-ex-Regice-ex-set-/261685182987?

The eeveelution gold stars are differently sealed. This one is not sealed but was just put inside a sleeve which you can close (similar to graded card sleeves). That’s just my guess, not 100% sure

That is because the eevelutions were awarded individually for earning a certain amount of PLAY-points. The Registeel, Regice and Regirock were given out as a set for subscribing iirc. Also the shadowless Pikachu which was part of the best song collection cd was distributed in the same ‘sealed’ way so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was legit too…