Scanner Issues - Please Help!

Found your problem. Your sensor on the V39 unfortunately is a CIS lens meaning it scans only the stuff on the actual scanner which we already know. You needed a CCD scanner like mine and a few other V3 models. I hope your able to get an exchange on this.

I got mine for £36 3 years ago

and its never given me a problem. Id say worst case scenario you have to sell the scanner yourself on ebay if you cant get an sxchange and then go out and buy another a CCD scanner.

5 Likes

Hmmm it was a hardware compadibillies problem after all.

Thanks so much Mohsin. I really appreciate you helping me figure this out! I should be able to return the scanner and purchase a new one, most likely the V33 or V37 that you and so many others have.

1 Like

No problem at all.

Dang this makes me want to get a scanner I never knew how cheap they were.

They aren’t. I paid over $100 CDN for mine.

Mine was a 2nd hand scanner which I didnt mind as it does the job. Kust keep an eye on ebay items until you find one at the right price thats what I usually do.

Epson has put V37 on sale at $89.99

Scanner Type: Flatbed color scanner
Optical Resolution: 4800 dpi with EPSON MatrixCCD®
Hardware Resolution: 4800 x 9600 dpi with Micro Step Drive™ technology
Maximum Resolution: 12,800 dpi with software interpolation
Color Bit Depth: 48-bits per pixel internal / external
Grayscale Bit Depth: 16-bits per pixel internal / external
Maximum Scan Area: 8.5" x 11.7"

www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?UseCookie=yes&sku=B11B207201

1 Like

Don’t get a V33, get a V37 its the newer model. I got mine off eBay for 50$ USD brand new

www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Epson-Perfection-V37-Color-Digital-Scanner-w-ReadyScan-LED-Technology-/272028223783?hash=item3f56254927:g:bmMAAOSwHnFVxVUU

Rather than simply liking your post, I wanted to say this was a very informative post mosin. It is greatly appreciated for anyone using or looking to get an Epson scanner.

4 Likes

Yes, even I was checking out the newest scanners cause f this post:)

2 Likes

Just managed to pick myself up an Epsom perfection V37 fully working just no box for only £12.27 with shipping from AUS to the UK :blush:

3 Likes

Sent back my V39 scanner for a return. I didn’t have the original packaging (box, styrofoam, etc.) but I sent back everything that was inside (cables, software, guides). Hoping they will accept my return. When I get my new scanner in (V37 probably) I’ll post new (and hopefully better) scans.

3 Likes

I was about to get myself the Epson V37 but unfortunately it’s been sold out just about everywhere here.
By looking at what @m786ali said; what I really just need to look for it that the scanner needs to have a CCD lens?
It looks like the Epson V370 also has that; so would you guys recommend me going for the V370 instead of V37? :blush:

Yeah, anything with a CCD lens should work. I ordered a V37 once my return was finally accepted, and I’ll post scans from that when I get it. I’m pretty sure the V370 is just a fancier V37, so you should be in the clear.

2 Likes

So V37 is the way to go then?

1 Like

Yep :blush: I’ve had nothing but great results from mine.

Would the V370 do? It’s ‘CCD’ which seemed to be the issue with your V39. The V37 isn’t available on Amazon to me.

Yep, the V370 is just a fancier V37 I think. You may also want to check out Epson’s website, you might be able to get the V37 at a lower price.

1 Like