Sample Packs and Dollar Tree Packs (Guide + Gallery)

No, only XY sample packs were made. They were distributed at Igromir/ComicCon Russia 2014. Inside there’re 3 Pokemon cards, one card that tells us about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and one checklist/ad-list.

UPD:
Also, the same pack is included in 60-card binder with M Charizards, M Lucario and M Gengar.

1 Like

Thank you very much for that specific information! I have the XY Sample Pack in Russian but I had no way of knowing that much specific information. Thank you!

There is not images online for Italian Sample Packs or Dollar Tree Packs.
The Italian 5 cards Pack is called “Busta anteprima”
The Italian 3 cards Pack is called “Busta di presentazione”
This is one XY example (pack with 3 cards)

3 Likes

Can you tell me more about these variant packs? How is each distributed? Can they contain Rares/Ultra Rares? For what sets does each exist?

1 Like

I’m sorry but I do not know anything about those packs, I searched but could not find anything.

Do we have any other Italians or Italian resources we can draw on?

@everyone

Maybe @hazard24

www.ebay.com/itm/LA-RIVITA-UFFICIALE-DI-POKEMON-LUGLIO-AGOSTO-2011-/260852870276?hash=item3cbc0aec84:m:mjsqAV61DaVZwwIVgx_TBiQ

www.ebay.com/itm/CARTE-POKEMON-Rare-PORTAMAZZO-BUSTINA-NERO-BIANCO-VITTORIE-REGALI-CON-3CARTE-/381537986236?hash=item58d56fa6bc:g:Dz4AAOxykUZTfyhl

This is all what I’ve found over the italian bay.
Im not sure if they are what you are looking for, I am quite ignorant about them.

cheers for the tag @pokemoncenteritaly

1 Like

They don’t contain ultra-rares, as far as I know, they usually contain common and maybe uncommon cards. They’re distributed in lots of ways: in newsstands with 4-pocket binders/deck boxes etc, in re-packaged lots containing also figurines (just like the cubes you can find in Targets and Walmarts) and in videogame chains (like gamestop or opengames) which distribute them freely to promote new pokemon games or event pokemon.
They should look exactly like your sample packs, but I’ll try to provide some pics!

2 Likes

I cant wait to see the pictures!

Please share all of the information you can manage to share about them! I want to make this as complete and comprehensive as possible but I can’t do it without help. :blush:

1 Like

Got these today at the Dollar Tree.

Got Three sets. Sadly the Breakpoint Packs were sold out might have to go back again end of the month and see if they have anymoref

Attachments:

This is a really good guide :wink: I can’t believe I sold mine as I really liked these packs. Have you thought about putting in the Base sample pack and maybe the E-reader sample pack? I feel like even the E3 Hoppip/Pichu pack is sampliy enough.

I personally opted out of those as I didn’t feel like they fit the set. They’re promotional packs aimed at a sample of cards, which matches in the broadest sense, but they clearly weren’t intended to be a part of this promotional method currently going on and they don’t have the same story/distribution. If I did someone on packs as promotions through time I would certainly include them.

As a broad note to everyone: I want to keep updating this, but I’ve not been able to get sample packs for the last two sets. So I just can’t create the scans like I had up until that point. If/when I manage to catch up on sample packs I will update them to be even with the Dollar Tree packs (Advancing DT as Sample becomes available).

Anybody know what pull rates are on dollar store packs? I went to one store about a week ago and pulled a Ho-Oh FA + M-Scizor FA from around 20 packs. There were 50 packs on the shelf. All Breakpoint

Went to another store a couple days ago. My friend got there first. He bought 28 packs and pulled a couple holo’s. Another one of his friends went right after him and bought 15 packs. Then I went and bought 22 packs. I pulled a Espeon Ex, a couple holos, and a Secret Rare Gyarados. There are still 60 packs there… All Breakpoint

Anyone know the pull rates? And anyone find any other packs that aren’t Breakpoint?

Opened around 250 or so recently. Breakpoint(105) , Roaring Skies (20), Primal clash (50) , Breakthrough(42) & Phantom Forces(32). My pull rates were…2 break cards & 9 EX (4 of them full arts). No idea about the holo/reverse holo rates, just clumped them all together. I did buy them secondhand, so I don’t know how my rates compare. Also didn’t pay near retail and I doubt I would with these rates, maybe for sealed collecting.

Scan gallery is now current again.

2 Likes

I can get a scan tomorrow at work of Steam Siege sample packs if you would like @funmonkey54

1 Like

I will go to my local dollar tree and see what they have.

Mine are in the mail right now! :grin:
I also have evolutions sample already and Steam Siege Dollar Tree. I was just waiting on that package to do one big update.

I have neither seen nor heard anything about evolutions Dollar Tree packs yet. They usually come out at a delay.

I am also under the impression that generations was skipped for both of these types of packs.

I’ll add that tidbit when I edit in the new scans! Thanks for the reminder, friend. :blush: