Sample cards, are there sets with the sample stamp?

So I know of the charizard:

Spoiler

but are there more?

Spoiler

This is probably a sample picture, but made me think of this question. How many different sample cards are around?

The first picture you posted isn’t a sample card. It’s a For Position Only card. If you search “For Position Only” on eBay, you’ll see pics of them. Or, The Charizard Authority has a YouTube video about them.

Sample cards do exist, but are altogether different. I’ve attached a photo of the complete set.

Attachments:

How do you recognize these as sample cards?

It says sample on the bottom right corner…

This.

Attachments:

Nice, didn’t see that. They look great.

And just some hours ago a set popped up in the Netherlands aj haha :wink:
MarktPlaats

(I’m not the seller)

I know, 1700 euro for 9 of them. But not the pikachu.

:confused:

Well worth that price.

Only if it’s a graded set

That’s false.
It’s well worth that either way.

1 Like

I seen 2 complete set in NM-Mint ungraded sold for half that amount

Fantastic deals for those people. I see cards undersold every single day.

More than 250$ a card is well worth it for this set? :tada:

(edit) for some reason I can’t post a link to ebay’s completed listings, but there are a number of PSA graded sample cards which sold for around 50$

Sample cards aren’t all obtained the same way. You literally just will not find a Pikachu or Gastly for sale outside of a completed set.

The Machamps are piss easy to find. Those auction at 50 bucks deservedly.

2 Likes

This is definitely true. The Gastly for some reason is very difficult to find. I wanted to purchase one to replace the only 9 in my psa 10 set, and the seller gave me multiples of other species instead of the gastly. Which I appreciated, but wanted that Gastly.

The pikachu is even more of a nightmare than the Gastly. Since there are a ton of pikachu collectors out there, it always earns the most in the set.

One of which is me, I only want the pikachu :wink:

I used to own the complete PSA 10 set… it was depressing that I had to let it go