RK9's Collection Thread

From the last PWCC block!
Also I have some results from pack openings; one from May and the other from last night. Going to grade the Charmander and Articuno EX Full Art:

7 Likes

Results from PWCC December! :blush: ex series auction results

A lot of really high bids on some of these cards, was really happy to see them get the attention they deserve! This was the first time I’ve ever seen any cards that I own sell for a significantly higher price than what I originally bought them for; time sure does fly. It seems like there’s more competition for these EX Series cards than ever, curious to see how I fair collecting the remaining 101 cards!

8 Likes

Amazing collection! I love the old ex cards, they’ve got a lot of style and the crazy holo borders are ace.

I’m envious, you’ve got a lot of beautiful cards to look at!

1 Like

Some of my cards from EX Ruby Sapphire! These are sorta overdue.

7 Likes

Man that Lapras :heart:! I lost last pwwc Lapras by nothing :/! Love that card.

1 Like

Checked off the Gyarados! Guess I am just riding the PWCC wave; will have to rephotograph all of the holos together soon!

5 Likes

Great collection PSA cards for days! Haha gotta love it and you have tons of perfect 10s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great collection !

1 Like

Been a while! Absolutely love this card, glad I finally got around to picking it up.I hope everyone is doing well! We’ll get through this pandemic in no time!

6 Likes

Love the artwork of that Ninetales!

1 Like

Only one more card left for EX Sandstorm! I’m hoping to have a scanner by the time I complete the set, I think they’d look much cleaner that way. Stay safe everyone!

6 Likes

@rk9 Beautiful collection. Gotta love that Fire red Zard! Beautiful art! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever had so many technical difficulties before. First, I had to grab my helix fossil-age laptop with Windows 8.1 to get the Epson software to work, perform a factory reset because the Wi-Fi drivers were busted beyond belief resulting in limited access and the only way to do that was to find my Windows 8.1 installation disk I haven’t used since 2014. The seller on eBay didn’t ship me a cord for the scanner, but luckily I had a spare but it was extremely faulty and would disconnect every couple seconds. Lastly, the old laptop I was using decided that every external device I plugged in would be write protected so I had to run CMD and a couple other scripts and it finally worked and I was able to transfer the scan onto my work laptop where I could use Photoshop to clean it up…
…and finally, here we are; was absolutely worth it! I’m looking forward to scanning both old and new cards now that I have my workflow down and smoothed out. Honestly really impressed with how it came out.
Additionally, I have officially graduated with a BFA in Graphic & Media Design! I’ll most likely be slowing down with my collecting and focus on finishing up paying off my student loans. :grin:

9 Likes

Sick Flareon I still have to find a upgrade for mine. I was sent a heavy played one as light played. So needless to say it needs replaced. I love that card great art. And good luck with your student loans and looking forward to next update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One set down, sixteen to go… and promos/pop series!

11 Likes

That picture with all of them together is gorgeous!

1 Like

Me? Salty about Charizard? Pfff no way haha…

Jokes aside, I am incredibly grateful and proud to be the owner of these 15 cards! I bought the Magneton just after paying off the last of my student loans. I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday, and Happy New Year! Let’s continue the grind and chase our goals one card at a time. :grin:

18 Likes

One of Hoenn’s finest! I remember opening an EX Deoxys pack my grandmother bought me back in 2005 and pulling a Salamence ex. Still have it in my childhood binder! I hope January has treated everyone well, cheers!

11 Likes

The background on the Power Keepers Mence is so nice, looks like something captured by the Hubble telescope.

And offcourse the mean Deoxys Mence is always lovely to see. He’s got that Bowser grin going on.

1 Like

Agreed! There’s a gorgeous swirl my scanner didn’t quite pick up unfortunately. One of the most intense holo patterns I have seen in a while.

The aggressive vibe in the EX Deoxys one always caught my eye. Really captures the feel a lot of the EX cards had during this era!

1 Like