RICKYBOBBY's not so high class collection

Just want to say thanks to all the people who have helped a newbie out. I started collecting with my son fall of last year, but just newer sets. I got hooked and around February I started collecting more serious. I waited far too long to get on this site. The vast majority of what I have learned has came from y’all. I truely appreciate the time spent helping some of us understanding the markets, finding new sets, how to buy/sell, and answering all of my noob questions.

So thought I would share a few collections I started with y’all’s help.

I am a big fan of trio’s and specifically the birds. I started collecting the trio’s promos. Have several more I am chasing right now, but below are the sets I have completed.

Another set I liked was the play promos. Great art and has…trio’s.(Birds overlap).

34 Likes

Also have started multiple binder master sets. I’m close to a master Unified Minds Set,shining legends and Hidden fates. I did find out next time I am going after one set at a time. 4 sets is a lot to handle and keep straight.
None are complete yet. Will post more pics when I finish them in 20 yrs. Need to take the time for a buy list for these. Chasing single cards one at a time is not fun. Hope some on here have bulk rocket unlimited/Japanese.

Team Rocket - going for ultimate binder set
1st/unlimited/Japanese

11 Likes

See. Now this is something I’ve been waiting to see! Love seeing niche collections and the legendary trios don’t get enough attention as a group. Beautiful collection!

6 Likes

Almost done with Team Rocket 1st Holo in PSA 9. Hypno is on the way. Have the two dragons and to upgrade Rainbow energy left to go.
Glad I got a lot of these back when I started. (Wish I would of got them all then, don’t we all though)

10 Likes

Thanks. The birds grew on me and never stopped. Now need to find more birds to collect. I know there are the airline ones (man those took off), they are on the list. While I try to find other promos, figured I would try to go after the OG fossil birds. Maybe Carddass is next on my list.

3 Likes

love it, nice collection!

1 Like

Not promos but you should look into the Supreme Victor’s legendary birds I picked up all PSa 8s for a good price a few months ago. Beautiful cards in my opinion! cardmavin.com/pokemon/platinum/supreme-victors-set-list

1 Like

Agreed about the art work. Was thinking of going the Japanese route with the airline promos and the same art.
I am open for suggestions. There some cards I just don’t know about

1 Like

Ya I seen you like Japanese cards but you get the point beautiful cards regardless of language. Just figured I’d throw out a idea that perfectly follows your theme. Or Japanese equivalent of Skyridge legendary birds would be incredibly sick! Good luck tho and nice collection by the way!

1 Like

You should get the oversize promo of the birds!

1 Like

Really nice legendary bird cards! I’m a big fan of the trainer magazine promos and I recently purchased the ex play promos. very nice, thanks for sharing :blush:

2 Likes

Love your birds collection!!! I briefly contemplated doing the same thing once, but then decided against it because there are just too many of them for my wallet. Instead I opted for only going after my absolute favorites, which are the Web and the Red/Green Quick Starter Gift box Holos! Hope you get around to pick them up too as long as they’re somewhat affordable!
I’m looking forward to see your collection updates :blush:

1 Like

Can’t find those right now. Thought I found one, but guess the art is share with the Vending II series

About to send my first PSA submission to Ludkins. Mostly modern. So tried to pick ones that stand a chance of a 10.
It’s hard to find WOTC raw in good shape seems like. Have a few in there though.

4 Likes

My son also likes pokemon (he got me into it) and asked me to put some of his stuff here. He really wanted to show all his Pokemon Plush, but he needed to go to bed.

Here are maybe his favorite 2
Reshiram and Psyduck
Trying to collect all 1st edition and then all WOTC Psyducks. He has a Natta Wake at PSA. Pregrades say 9, so fingers crossed.

Some of his Pokemon wall art. He has some pretty neat displays in his room also.

11 Likes

I love parents who collect with their kids. Can’t wait to see more of both your collections

1 Like

May I see up close pics of dark Blastoise? Curious what made the card get 9 vs 10

Got a few more to add to the collection

More Promo Birds…love these things…specially the Carddass

Added the Dark Charizard to my TR Holo collection. Only Dragonite left. Some additional Japanese Neo Holos. These seem like great value for how great the art is in this series.

4 Likes

Sry for late response… See if I can get a better pic

@rickybobby your son has incredible taste. Psyduck = one of the best simply put. Love it.

***Psyduck is actually a genius, he and slowpoke***

2 Likes