Reserved Investments video about Pokemon market

1.5x playback speed is your friend.

This video is not structured well. It’s just a rant.

There’s at least 4 topics in here that could be fleshed out in this video but he doesn’t take enough time to explain them so it comes off as condescending.

He needs to prep himself and stick to 1 topic. The substance isn’t lacking at all.

Watched the entire video, agree with him regarding sealed product; but honestly; i disagree with him regarding what he’s thinks about 1st Ed. Charizard graded in PSA10; the current value he talks about is nowhere near 20.000$ and i dont see if droping; main reason is supply and demand; because i know, at this time, several wealthy collectors willing to pull the trigger if that happens.

There’s such a limited supply with PSA10 Charizards; that his point doesnt make sense to me… my 2 cents.

Legos have their own stock market too lol for pieces. Absolutely nuts!

1 Like

this guy vs smpratte vs rudy from alpha investments, who’s better? Go…

I’d go with phoenixchu…

Just wanted to bump this thread to get you guys chatting again :blush:
I’ve been watching Shawn’s videos for quite a while now.
As a young collector of what I hope are also investment grade items I respect his opinion.

I try and soak as much info I can like a sponge while listening to someone far more knowledgeable than me.
Using his advice as a second opinion and my own discretion has made me a lot more cautious when making purchases.

I’m a small-time collector of movie posters/boxing memorabilia/art prints and anything else I fall in love with - So I guess his info is more relevant to me than if I exclusively collected Pokemon.

Long story short he pretty much states…
Most markets are volatile and speculative and you need to analyse it to know when to get in/out.
Anything where an item doubles or triples in price within a few years is a highly speculative market and market manipulation is almost 100% involved. He tends to favour classic 1st Ed books, coin collecting, vintage art glass as safer ‘longterm holds’.

I mean yeah, I think what you said did not really change. He wants to bring a “contrarian point of view”, which he definetely does in comparing so many multi-faceted markets with one another. His long term perspective for example looks at decades or even lifetimes, which is probably why he thinks the best way to “invest” is in boxes.
Also he rarely talks about collecting aside from ‘collect what you enjoy’, only financial value and investing.

I watch his videos to learn about markets in general because it’s fun, sometimes it’s even aplicable to Pokemon and I notice some similar patterns. I like that the videos get you thinking, one doesn’t have to agree with him for that. :grin:

1 Like