Remember these?

I used to get these out of vending machines as a kid. It seems even back then people were making fake items. Pokemon Card Stickers. Anyone else use to collect these?

I have a binder full of these (yes I do have a few binders though I hate them lol). Pretty near complete too…I think. Never had a set list…,
They are a legit release and pretty cool:)

Edit: Plus mine are mint:)

1 Like

Did they have different foil prints? Because these 2 seem the same but one seems lower quality with off colors and blurred print.

Yes, several different foil patterns. There might be a method to that madness though. I should dig it out…

Yea I was wondering because some are really bad like this one.

1 Like

I used to have some card stickers back in the day but with a different holo pattern and they were English. My friend’s dad used to do business trips to China and on those trips he would always bring some fake cards and stickers so my friend gave me some. I actually used to like them because I liked the holo pattern they had and I could use them as stickers. I think all the stickers I had were from Gym sets, I remember having things like Erika’s Dratini, Misty’s Tentacool and others. Maybe I still have some left so I could show the holo pattern they had. They also were smaller than real cards.

1 Like

I just wish I had a full set of the original legit ones. To me they always looked better than the real cards.

Santa Claus fucked up once and got me some of these as “legit” Pokémon cards :joy::joy::joy:.

5 Likes

I guess the proper category would be ‘legit stickers’.
Maybe Glenn could chime in on these?

1 Like

I remember a friend gifting me one of a Yadoking (Southern Islands) back in the days when 2nd gen Pokemon were only hearsay, I got so excited about it that I gifted him a foil Pidgeotto; I loved those days when pokemon were a mystery.

3 Likes

Now the real question, can they be graded?

Well they grade those topsun and bandai stickers. Would have to know more about these I guess.

I never knew they were legit. I only saw them being sold at street festivals in Japan.

Wouldn’t it be nice if reverse holo’s would have these fake effects instead of just the glossy thing?
That’s one of the things always bummed me with reverses. It’s just the standard colour of the card with a gloss on it. Nothing super special. Only the LC did this over the top reverse holo pattern and I think that’s what is so charming about LC, sadly; never continued on that path.

1 Like

Brings back memories as a kid. These sticker cards tend to be smaller than a playable card. I used to always go to the corner store and get a couple for 50 cents each. Unfortunately, i don’t know where they ended up lol.

Honestly, they look about as tacky as a gypsy wedding :grin:

I definitely pulled some fake english cards like this from some fake skyridge packs in India 14 years ago lol

I have some 15 of those still sticked in my closet :grin:

I remember being at the swimming baths when I was younger, 20p for a handful or runts.If you jiggered it you sometimes got free ones aswell! Anyways on topic, a kid who went there had these fake sticker ones too…an english Muk I remember.
Im sure I got some fake ones somehow and didnt realize until it was toooo late! :slightly_frowning_face: I was about 10 when I started.
I may be able to find a couple vintage old school fakes if anyone wants to see ha?

I do avoid them at all costs but I guess for memories sake I can dig em up

I really like this one actually. Wish I had kept mine!