Release of many new TCGs

Oh that hasn’t sold. Until it sells it’s just a listing with a high price

2 Likes

For the month of Jul and Aug, as I glance thru the sold listings of Icewoman, most are $500ish and only one $5,000ish:

Yeah I’d personally go with the 500 sales and count the 5k as a one time event until multiple sales happen at the price. But that’s just me

I stand corrected. Checked and 5k is the average like last four sold. That’s the price of the card

Sales like this really aren’t indicative of anything. As far as long term success anyways.

There was some MetaZoo card that sold for like 18k and I don’t know a single person outside of the internet that knows the IP exists.

1 Like

Multiple “sales” can mean multiple puppetmasters… :astonished:

1 Like

Never cared about metalzoo. Dislike the artworks. Really dislike to the point of revolting.

shadowverse is pretty appealing art wise tbh

Wasn’t Metazoo backed by Steve Aoki, Logan Paul etc. lol

I think the people still shilling it are doing so because of their investment within it, but turns out it’s harder to pull the rug than they thought?

I mean, of all the TCGs and their longevity, that’s almost a guarantee to fail. The art is so bad. I guess credit to them for keeping the con going this long.

1 Like

I know a lot of influencers and big names in Pokémon and Mtg were posting things or making videos about it. I remember seeing packs at Target or Walmart. But yeah it just never caught my eye

Metazoo, more like Meta-Eww. I cant believe people got hyped into that garbage. Makes 5ban look like the best art produced by mankind.

1 Like

I collect Japanese Shadowverse cards. Recently graded some Shadowverse waifu cards with PSA.

1 Like

I used to play the game a lot on my phone haha may start buying some jp Shadowverse waifus for a binder tbh

1 Like

My guess is for Metazoo is that the base is like 90% made up of people that are in it for the money and a quick flip. I think the traction will die overtime when those people realize that there are better ways of making money. There maybe some that are 100% in it for the collection aspect with no “investment” ties but I doubt they are many.

That’s a pretty long list. Not sure if anything can really topple MTG on the player side and Pokemon on the collecting side.

1 Like

I think Flesh & Blood has some real legs now that they’ve gotten print runs under control. FAB tournaments are packed and people love to grade cold foils.

Sorcery is another one to keep an eye out for. Lots of hype so we’ll have to see if it can last.

Yu-Gi-Oh has a solid player base, but it’s nothing like MTG. Too few collectors despite having some highly collectible sets and promos.

I don’t think anything is going to beat Pokemon on collectability, though.

2 Likes

I came across a new Star Wars tcg releasing soon. It’s called Star Wars unlimited.
Artwork is unique and it looks alright. I think it will suffer the same fate as most new tcgs and only last a few years.

Many new TCGs are released with the idea of being investment vehicles first, game play elements second. Look at MetaZoo, Sorcery.

Lorcana is clearly a game designed to be collected first.

1 Like

For the record, these sales are of the D23 launch promo, not the actual set card. That said, the enchanted rares are still selling for thousands, which is just hype and people trying to invest if you ask me. Hype can only carry sets so far and fundamentals will tell how good a game really is after things settle down.