Relabel PSA Graded Pokemon Cards with New Error Label?

So I don’t know how this would work with PSA or if it’s allowed, as I don’t have any experience submitting cards. I figured this website would be the best place to ask this hypothetical.

My major collection goal is to get all Base Set cards in PSA 8 condition. I know PSA recognizes certain error cards from this set and I plan on collecting most of these as well. I know some of these error cards are more recently recognized by PSA and have low POP reports.

Now there are times that I search ebay and other sites where these error cards pop up as graded, but don’t have a label with the error on it. For example, there could be a graded Blastoise card that is a “no stage” error but the PSA label lists it as a regular Blastoise.

Would the seller (or me as the potential buyer) be able to send the card into PSA and request it be correctly labeled as the error card that it is, or would PSA turn it away? I know PSA mislabels cards from time to time, but I believe these error cards were graded before PSA officially recognized the error, so I’m not sure if they would change the label or not.

1 Like

PSA would update the label if you send it in. As long as they are currently grading them that way.
A reholder fee would apply

2 Likes

If they were graded before PSA recognized the error, then you would have to pay for a reholder. If they were graded after PSA recognized the error, you would send it through CRC and get it reholdered for free.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m a noob, what does CRC stand for?

If you make an account through PSA, it’s their Customer Request Center.

2 Likes

That makes sense, thank you!

You can also look here for some of the cards they will label

Good to know and thank you for that guide.

Curious as to why they don’t have the Clefairy Ink Dot Error and Heart Error, even though it’s listed here (this is the list I’ve been referencing on what they would grade):

I messed up, I didn’t scroll down far enough. It’s listed towards the bottom of the guide.