Regigigagod's collection of fine cardboard

Hi all! :blush: I suppose it’s time I make one of these threads…

For those who don’t know me, my name is Joe. I’ve been collecting pokemon cards since 2008. I collect the english tcg sets, regigigas cards, and miscut cards.

I’ll do my best to keep up with this thread. Here’s a small taste of what’s to come, assuming I maintain this thread on a regular basis. :grin:

We can start with the regigigas cards. I’m semi-known for this on my Instagram. This quest is called #projectregi. It aims to get 100 full arts of regigigas, including one in each of the languages, as well as 4 of every other regigigas art produced. (2 english and 2 japanese for those.) This journey is almost to an end, as the only thing I need to do now is acquire 25 more regigigas full arts and then I’ll be done!

Here’s one of every language they were produced in. From left to right:
(Top) English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Bottom) Spanish, French, German, Italian

I assume this is what most of the thread will be about. Miscut cards are something that has always intrigued me. The fact that they are messed up from the factory in such a drastic way, and they are each unique 1/1 cards. I’ve always been fond of collecting stuff that isn’t right. Lots of people do like to see them, and others aren’t particularly fond of them. But have you ever seen something that’s so bad that it’s good? :blush:

I’d also like to mention that my definition of a miscut might differ from other people’s. Some say if you can see the black alignment dot on the card, that makes it a miscut. However, I would personally consider that to be severely off center. I don’t consider it to be a miscut unless it shows a portion of the next card on it. There’s no set in stone definition for it, but either way, the only ones I’m willing to add to my collection are ones that show a portion of the next card. :blush:

I’m always looking for more miscuts to add to my collection, as that journey never ends!
I’m open to any questions or comments, and I hope y’all enjoyed seeing what I have to share. There’s plenty more to come. :blush:

– Joe

15 Likes

Well, that’s a lot of FA Regigigas :blush: Love that you’ve added one of each language!

And those miscuts are awesome! As a Pikachu collector I especially like that one, but in general I like the Tangrowth the most because it shows three cards instead of just one at one of the sides.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and looking forward seeing more miscuts in this thread of yours.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

I always enjoy seeing your miscut cards! :blush:

-Mime

2 Likes

Nice collection of miscuts you got going there!

1 Like

But do you like Regigigas?! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Such a unique collection, very cool

1 Like

Those are some fine cardboard you got there!

1 Like

Nice collection especially the miscuts and misprints :blush: I regret not pulling the trigger on a base set miscut Gyarados

1 Like

Wow those miscuts are crazy

1 Like

As I was reading this, I was thinking “I wonder if anyone has two miscuts that match up” then I saw you have two that do. Pretty cool.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

i don’t think i’ve ever seen so many regigigas in one place before. cool

love the error cards as well

1 Like

showoff

1 Like

I’m so happy to see that some of you guys like my miscuts! Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. Was expecting at least a few negative ones questioning why I would collect defected cards or something… Haha, Here’s a few more. :blush:

As always, I’ll be happy to answer any questions anyone has. :blush:

– Joe

6 Likes

Where do you find these severe miscuts, are they all from the same source? The Groudon one is one of the most severe I have ever seen.

Idk about him, but I personally have pulled several like this from packs. What is frustrating is that when it is miscut the other way, it doesn’t have it’s own set # on the card and actually has the set number of the card above it, so PSA won’t grade it.

They are definitely not all from the same sources. Facebook, watching ebay like a hawk, Instagram, etc. Just have to know where to look, and it helps to have connections looking out for you too. But as for who has them, it’s really hit or miss. In 9 years of collecting I’ve only pulled 2, along with some OC cards… If you get the right booster box, you can pull more than 2. There are guys like the one on ebay that have an insane amount of base set miscuts but of course those are 99% likely to have been cut from the sheets. I try to avoid all those types of miscuts since I don’t consider them to be true miscuts… I had heard from @fritz that psa might not grade the cards if they can’t see the set number, which I would imagine would be pretty frustrating since we can of course tell what card it is…

Haha, if you think the Groudon is bad just you wait! :wink:

– Joe

The heart wants what the heart wants! :smiling_face:

1 Like