Red logo Fossil

Hi everyone, I got the Red logo Fossil box added to my sealed box collection today. This is a rare box that I have been looking for a long time, and finally an opportunity opened up. I do not know much of the story behind the box, except that it was released i Australia, and it has copyright 1999-2000 on the card.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has something interesting to tell about this box?

13 Likes

The red logo was to differentiate between counterfeits at the time.

A good switcheroo.

Do all the cards have a different copyright date? Wondering if the energy cards do.

I would pay good money for Fossil Energy cards.

5 Likes

I wasn’t paying attention when I saw this that there were none in the set. Always looking out for variants.

No worries. I thought you would find it funny after realizing.

1 Like

I have a theory that this was going to be a ploy to match the Australian releases up with the Asian product that also had a red logo. The Chinese base set has a similar logo, as do non-tcg Thai products. Maybe they were going to have a Chinese fossil set but changed their minds last minute?

1 Like

Which is strange because as an Australian you never really see fake wotc era cards.

The earliest fakes I see on a regular basis are skyridge - early ex sets.

I saw a fake legendary collection bulbasaur once but otherwise idk why they were so worried enough to change the logo.

1 Like

Were these red logo boxes only printed unlimited?

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome. Only ever seen a couple of these online. I think TCA or GMP has one and said they wouldn’t let it go for less than 10k or that they bought it for that.

The copyright date only changed on the non-holos. Except for Zapdos holo from the Aussie theme deck! :]

1 Like

Tough to find, brings good money but doesn’t seem to have a big demand. Pretty cool variant to collect for the ultimate WOTC fans. That sealed box is sick, congrats.

1 Like