Recommendations for Thermal Printer

Been having the worst luck lately with inkjet printers. So I want to step up to a thermal one. Stuck with inkjet for the longest time because I could refill the cartridges for 5 cents but they keep runing into mechanical problems every other day. My first HP lasted 12 years, modern ones I’m lucky to get a year out of them.

I don’t sell a ton so don’t need one that prints fast, looking for a more economical one. I’m printing like 1-3 labels a day on average, 10 at most. I specialize on high value items rather than micro transactions. So dont need a speed demon of a printer.

Are you only printing labels?

Just get a monochrome printer that uses toner. Sounds like you only need black and white, they are cheap and the toner lasts a long time.

1 Like

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828143364&cm_re=black_and_white_printer-_-28-143-364-_-Product

www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=dymo+labelwriter+&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Yes!

1 Like

Thank you! I was recomended a Zebra but these look more affordable.

Miss when Newegg was just based in California. Used to get everyone next day it was awesome.

1 Like

The QL-800 has saved me literally thousands of dollars in ink / paper since i’ve had it. I HIGHLY recommend.

1 Like

I have used a Brother QL-700 for years, if it ever goes bad I will just get the newest brother model.

2 Likes

Does the QL800 work well with the eBay app? Just read that it has phone compatibility.

That would actually be ideal, the only thing I use the eBay site now is to print labels. Everything else I’m doing from the app.

Thanks for all the help!!

Ended up ordering the QL800.

Having trouble trying to buy the labels.

Anyone have the DK number for this type of labels? Thanks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0E_OdEjzQ

These are the ones I buy.

www.ebay.com/itm/20-Rolls-of-DK-2205-Brother-Compatible-Labels-with-2-Reusable-Cartridges-Spools/291096713944?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2 Likes

these are the exact ones I use for my ql-800 and ive printed nearly 500 labels and have only gone through 1.5 rolls.

They work great for tracked items, and you can print off letter labels too.

Also these are the ones that peel off and stick directly to the package.

2 Likes

You guys are the best. Thanks!!