Recent PSA Graded Jumbo Cards (2023)

Aloha Everyone,

I recently acquired a couple of jumbo cards and was wondering if anyone here has recently received/sent any for grading to PSA. The card I am thinking of grading is this New Year Gyarados Post Card.

The only problem is that I am worried about how it will be returned and if it would be loose in the case or fitted. This New Year Present card is a bit smaller than your traditional Jumbo card and I have come across a few other cards on eBay showing different things. These PSA jumbo Charizard cards look a bit different and I am just wondering how these are being returned.

Any information would be most appreciated! :pray:

2 Likes

Jscottyson posted a video on his jumbo grading return. He had a corocoro card come back in a large case but it has like the stuff which keeps the card i place, this was quite recent, but it seems like they tend to use these larger slabs for the older japanese jumbos even though they’re smaller in size. That being said they’re quite inconsistent

5 Likes

Ah this is great, thanks so much for this!!

1 Like

I actually have that New Year Gyarados Postcard being returned from PSA right now. Hopefully it’s here by the end of the week. Will post it when I get it back.

2 Likes

The early Coro Coro Jumbo’s (Like the Charizard example) are slightly larger cards than later Jumbos. That why you see some with the huge plastic slabs with lots of excess plastic. The later Jumbo’s like most in the video are smaller and cards are fitted inside the slabs. The Fan Club Postcards, like your Gyarados are placed in the same smaller jumbo slabs. The Postcards are fairly well centered but can have some movement since they’re not fitted in the slab…

3 Likes

Oh that would be great if you can post it. Do you recall what they charged you for grading it? I’m a bit hesitant just because at a certain angle I can see the addressee’s address in kanji from the back of the post card amd I’m not too sure how much that would affect it.

I’m expecting a super low grade because the one I sent in had white out covering the address on top of the poor condition it was in. Hopefully they actually graded it. I like to surprise myself with grades so I haven’t checked.

I got really lucky with pricing. In July, PSA had their bulk tcg pricing available for Oversized cards which I think may have been a mistake, but it was honored by PSA. Only cost me $15 per card.

2 Likes

I hear you and feel the same way. I don’t send too many things in for grading but when I do, I like to be surprised as well. But that’s an incredible submission price!

Recently, I sent in 44 jumbo type Pokemon cards, including Box Toppers and Japanese jumbo cards. These were all from my personal collection that I had in binders for the last twenty years. They are in the grading process right now. I’m excited to see which holders PSA will use. I’ll post pictures once the cards are returned.

1 Like

Got my order back today! The Postcard was placed in the normal jumbo holder with a barrier to keep it from moving. It got a 3 with the mark qualifier due to the white out. Very happy they still graded it.

I’d be slightly worried about PSA using the extra large jumbo cases with lots of excess plastic because they did that for one of the smaller jumbos I sent in that fits just fine in the normal case.

4 Likes

Oh wow it looks amazing! I’m glad to see and hear that they had it in a normal jumbo one with a barrier. I may have to send mine in after the holidays (I don’t want it to get lost in transit with all the holiday mail).

How did you package it for submission? Just a jumbo card saver? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t use any cardsavers or toploaders for the Shikishi. I just slipped them each into soft sleeves and then all of them into a bubble mailer and then a cardboard box.

For the jumbo cards, those went soft sleeve and toploader before bubble mailer and cardboard box.

2 Likes

5 Likes