Ready to directly contribute to the hobby and community

Hi @executive , welcome to the E4 Forum!
When I read your two points I had something in my mind to write, but I see @anon92205803 beat me to it almost word for word (although shorter than I probably would have; I tend to write a wall of text pretty quickly :wink: ).

Being enthusiastic about something and sharing this with others makes them more enthusiastic as well. The definition of a hobby is having fun doing something you like to do, and being passioned about it.
Sharing knowledge is part of this as well. I personally joined this forum about two years ago. At the time I just started collecting Pikachus, and had about 250. I joined this forum thanks to @justinator 's collection thread and website. When I had just 250, he had over 550 unique Pikachu cards already, of which some I had never even seen. Because he shared his collection here, I joined as well, and gained a lot of knowledge from him and expanded my checklist. I was also greatly inspired, and might not even have some as far with my collection if it wasn’t for him sharing his collection.
Now I have over 1,000 Pikachu cards myself and wrote some articles (Base Pikachu artwork variations; 1st edition stamp variations; Teach Sets (word-in-progress); etc.) to spread the knowledge I’ve gained over time. I’ve collecting things all my life, but what I like about collecting Pikachu cards is that it has a specific goal to work to, and that I can share with and learn from this awesome community along the way.

Also, what I really like about the community, and mainly E4 in particular, is that we all share this passion and knowledge I mentioned with each other one way or another. It can be in the form of (sometimes heated) discussions; it can be in the form of collection posts and sharing new cards/items you’ve added; it can be by answering questions someone asked; etc. etc.
All in all this already is an awesome community, and I’m happy to hear you are eager to be part of it. Again welcome, and enjoy your stay! :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes