Questions Regarding Factors That Determine Pricing of Japanese Full Art Trainer Cards

Hi! I was wondering if people had insight and input on what factors contribute to the pricing of certain Japanese Full Art Trainer cards. For example, the Full Art Serena card from Incandescent Arcana is selling for $300+ raw. However, the Full Art Candice card from Paradigm Trigger is only selling for between $100-$200, sometimes closer to $100 than $200. I know there are also some Full Art Trainer cards that sell for even less. Are there factors that contribute to why some Full Art Trainers sell for more than others?

Also, I’ve noticed that the price for the Serena Full Art Trainer card from Incandescent Arcana has been stable at around $300-$350, even though the PSA 10 graded price for the card has been dropping rapidly. Any ideas as to what might be contributing to this? Thanks!

Serena was Ash’s companion in the anime series. Pretty popular character hence her FA trainer card will be more expensive, compared to candice.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thanks so much @ShinPorygon!

Could even be argued that the Candice card is punching above its weight because it’s illustrated by Naoki Saito. I’m not a huge fan personally but he has 1 million plus subscribers on YT so he is massively popular and as such his cards typically come with a premium.

1 Like

Thanks so much @beggles ! Just to clarify, are you saying that the price that the Candice card is at currently is actually on the high side? Also, do you have any thoughts on why the price gap between the raw copy and PSA 10 graded copy of the Serena card is closing (the raw card seems to be increasing or at least holding in price, while the graded price is dropping noticeably)?

“…I was wondering if people had insight and input on what factors contribute to the pricing of certain Japanese Full Art Trainer cards…”

Girl
Pose
Rarity

In that order

11 Likes

If she is aged between 10 and 17 then she will have a premium.

However, there is more to it than JUST being underraged. Having a cute pose or having a general aesthetic/personality that is appealing to the same sort of person who pays extra for underrage character FA cards jacks up the price even more.

Not acknowledging this is naive at best, and stupid at worse. (Buying these cards doesn’t make people a creep by default, but the way some folk act about it you just have to be weary)

7 Likes

This is definitely it, lillie ultra prism is the prime suspect for this phenomenon. It’s selling for 500k yen these days. While Cynthia from the same set is only a few hundred as far as I’ve seen. Cynthia is also a crazy popular character, too. Then look at how every dude FA trainer is effectively trash. They almost go into bulk half the time. Waste of an SR spot basically.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my FA waifus, but It’s sad how much the degeneracy seems to define pricing for JP FA trainers :pensive:

4 Likes

Where my Ball Guy Bros @
:muscle: :triumph: :+1:

5 Likes