QotD: What personal rule would you bend or outright break if you found a good deal?

Welcome to the next Question of the Day!

The Question of the Day is a way to facilitate community discussion to help members ponder the unanswered questions of the world that are somehow relating to the hobby. Questionsj are many times open ended and up to interpretation. Feel free to post your thoughts in as much or as little detail as you’d like.

Helpful Considerations may or may not help some people focus their answer, these are blurred to not bother those who have their own ideas.

QotD Archive
Suggest future things here

Today’s Question:
QotD: What personal rule would you bend or outright break if you found a good deal?

Helpful considerations: Budget? Buying from certain sources? Condition?

Tell my wife Im sleeping on the couch tonight, and go all in.

3 Likes

Rule? :joy:

4 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

EXACTLY!

3 Likes

I’ve bought cards from objectively scummy organizations/people. Unfortunately, it is a necessary evil if you are looking for rare or exclusive cards.

4 Likes

The only sensible way to collect Pokémon cards is without rules.

2 Likes

I try to keep an emergency funds on my savings account at all times. But when I was already a bit low on money late last year thinking I should slow down a bit to save up again and at that exact moment the German Surf-Pikachu popped up (third copy I had seen in 10+ years time, and the first one I had the opportunity to buy), I of course did everything I could to try and win/buy it, which luckily I did. :slight_smile:

Despite that being in September last year, I’m still recovering right now since I also bought a bunch of other cards in December last year, and had a lot of stacking non-collection expanses this year (e.g. I’ve bought a house battery; the usual multiple start-of-the-year taxes; the annual car check + repairs; etc.).
But, I’m happy to say, after I brought my car to the garage past Wednesday and also paid off one last tax, I am now saving up again to a reasonable amount on my savings account, and will then start catching up with all new Pikachu; Seviper; FA Supporter/CHR; and Yu-Gi-Oh rarity releases between September last year and now. :slight_smile:

But as already mentioned above: they’re more what you’d call guidelines, not actual rules. :pikahappy:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

No biting

3 Likes