PWCC Lost Over 7k Worth of My Cards

Yeah I agree, I don’t think the situation applies. Could you imagine? A company accidentally ships a $100 million diamond to you…and you get to keep it? Ya frickin right.

In Canada, even if a bank transfers you money, or your work overpays you (happened to me) you don’t get to keep it. You are required to return it in full.

Edit: especially when PWCC doesn’t own the property! Imagine, an employee “accidentally” sends $10 million in cards to their homie Joe Blow, and now they have a nice little retirement fund set up… ya. right.
Edit #2: NOT TO MENTION you aren’t even allowed to legally open someone else’s mail (in Canada), even if it is sent to your address. So you couldn’t even open the box to get the cards to claim they are yours. (Again, Canada, but SOME of these rules MUST apply? right?..right??? please tell me yes or holy crap what is America?).

Could totally be true. I’m just going off my armchair expert opinion of what I read online. All in all, I’m not getting em back and just got paid out. I would be interested if a real lawyer could weigh in though.

This is still your property. If you are in the US there is generally no immediate “finders keepers” law for contracts, especially when another company mislaid your personal property.

Person to person transactions in the US, you’re kinda SOL. But this is not person to person, this is person to company to person. You can go after PWCC for breach of contract, and the individual who has your cards for unjust reimbursement.

HOWEVER…PWCC reimbursed you and seems to have made you whole. Not much to go after them for at this point. It’s between PWCC and the individual who has your cards now - and the issue is whether PWCC can get the cards back from that person; but because PWCC paid you, that’s between them and the sellet.
And for the love of God if you lawyer up provide your attorney with any and all communications you’ve had with PWCC regarding this matter.

Also, because these items are unique (unique certs/grade), these items are non fungible (vs fungible) - you can 100% demand back an item of like and kind of the item you lost from PWCC - and its on PWCC to provide it.

^basics of US contract law

Good to know!!! Yeah I’m not going after them or anything so just putting it to rest with the money. Thank you though!

Nightmare situation. Seems like you did your due diligence as opposed to going into a blind panic, so major props for that… Glad it got resolved pretty much as best as it could. The guy who stole your cards is an asshole (to put it lightly) and, should his identity be revealed, should—and almost certainly will—be blacklisted from the community.

With the amount of cards that go through PWCC’s hands, shit like this is going to happen. I received the wrong card before and worked with them to make it right. Shame that the person who received your cards didn’t do the same.