Issue with PWCC submission

Hi guys, I was hoping I could get some help/advice on an issue I’ve been dealing with for the past 4+ months.

So I shipped a single card back in August 2020 to PWCC and to this day I have yet to receive an update on my submission:

Tracking: EX000368974CA

I’ve emailed PWCC monthly asking for a status update and the replies are always along these lines: 1) the item is not lost, 2) the item will appear in the next auction, and 3) they will provide me with an update ASAP.

This update never comes, the next month rolls around, and the cycle repeats itself. I’ve also tried using the live chat and the result has been the same. At this point I’ve probably gone through 5-6 different customer reps.

Before I engage in my monthly ritual of asking for an update, I was hoping someone might have another idea of what I could try. For example, is there a phone number I can call to reach out to a real person? Grasping at straws here…

Thanks for your time! :blush:

1 Like

I think they stopped their phone service a while back.

It’s been months & this is concerning. I’d suggest you let them know of the duration of this issue and demand for an immediate investigation. Heck, maybe you can trying contacting Brent on LinkedIn.

1 Like

At this point I think you need to make as much noise as possible. PWCC has your card, has acknowledged that they have it, just won’t list it in a timely manner. I know their number is off, but I’d be hunting down anyone I could find on social media and other avenues. If the card isn’t lost then they’ve done you a massive disservice by not listing in a timely manner.

Whats the % PWCC takes from the sold amount?

8-15% depending on sold value. I’m not including cards under $50 because it’s not worth it to send those lol

An update for those wondering:

Since this thread was made I started to pester PWCC somewhat more frequently. To my surprise, someone from PWCC called me earlier this week and actually gave me a real status update. What happened was that the slab was damaged at some point (not exactly sure when) and the person who was handling the card at that time misplaced it.

Anyways, the rep on the phone presented me a couple of different options and I decided to take up their offer to get the card reholdered for free (express) and then have the card listed for auction when it returns. The rep expressed that if during the reholdering process the card gets downgraded, they will purchase the card at market value of the original grade. Definitely a nice gesture from their end.

Honestly, even going through all this, I will say that I’ve had nothing but a pleasant experience interacting with the reps at PWCC. They’ve all been super empathetic to my cause but I guess sometimes things fall through the cracks. I’m just glad that the end of this journey is in sight!
P.S. Special shoutout to the E4 member who gave me a direct line to PWCC. Some people in this community are just great. :blush:

17 Likes

@burpies, The worlds most patient person;)

7 Likes

Wow that’s an amazing outcome!! Congrats :blush:

1 Like

Canadians.

5 Likes

Figured I would provide an update since it’s been a while and I need a bit of advice again.

So I was informed two weeks ago that my slab is back in the possession of PWCC. As it turns out, BGS downgraded the card from a 9.5 to an 8.5. Fortunately, PWCC has stayed true to their word and are offering to buy the slab at the BGS 9.5 price.

The card in question is a BGS 9.5 Base Set Venusaur.

They’ve offered $850USD for the card and the only comparable I could find is this but it’s from a couple of months ago. I’ve countered with $1000, but I was wondering if their original offer was fair and if I should just accept it and put this saga to bed.

But yeah, if anyone has any other sold listings I could use as a price point that would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

:blush:

I’m glad to hear you’re getting this resolved.

I was wondering if you received any evidence of the damage done to the BGS case before they sent it away?

@burpies,Considering that is probably without fees the 850 is pretty good. It should be without fees at least lol

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t want to say anything that might jeopardize the deal. Anyways, after almost a year and half I’m happy to say that the saga is finally over and the funds have made it to my bank account!

There were no pictures, but I do recall the damage was described to me in detail on my phone call with the PWCC rep. But honestly it’s been so long that I’ve forgotten what the damage was now.

Ended up getting $950 without fees. Satisifed with the outcome. :blush:

+1 PWCC

2 Likes