PWCC account limited for shill bidding

Expecting my July payment tomorrow LOL

Binder Gang continues to win!

I got an email from ebay today and participated in the last 4 monthly auctions. My spend on these auctions was relatively high.

You can call PWCC and return cards from the July auctions for 100% refund. No exceptions. Full refund or no refund.

1 Like

Definetely interesting news. One thing that I am wondering is how does this decision from eBay affect those that have cards stored in the PWCC Vault? Sure you won’t be able to sell your cards or sealed product through eBay anymore but you can still store them safely. I get the sense that because is in the vault from PWCC and because they got accused of “shill bidding” that people is panicking and want their cards back in their position asap. Why is that? Maybe I’m missing something. Thanks!

1 Like

Back to Craigslist we go

9 Likes

Yay, I have a card that was scheduled to go live today! In all seriousness, not sure what to do with it now. I’m not sure if I have confidence in the new platform PWCC is going to use.

I’m glad they made sure to ask me which Giannis card I’d rather have though!

1 Like

Beginning to see my BIN listings end with “item no longer available” message

For August auction:
The items currently listed will be removed and listed on the new platform unless you would like them back in the time before that.

For September auction and onwards: new marketplace

7 Likes

Yeah for real lol, was such a massive joke when they made Pokemon listings private bidders despite the delinquent history of shilling on Pokemon listings. There’s been a lot of relisted items recently too, and not small by any means.

1 Like

In the short run doesn’t that mean less buyers and potentially lower sell prices on some cards as there are way more buyers on eBay?

1 Like

Wait, have they said what the new marketplace is? Did I miss it?

I guess I’m done buying from pwcc for now. I don’t plan to use their new platform. Ebay can deal with large-scale amounts of fraud, returns, and that sort of headache between buyers and sellers. I sincerely doubt pwcc can scale for all of these operations but we’ll see

2 Likes

Hey everyone, press release will be coming out shortly, I’ll fill you all in on the details then.

19 Likes

Nope. I assume they’ll put out an announcement when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Not really surprised, curious how the market’ll be affected because of this though.

Just got confirmation from my rep too:

“We have severed ties with eBay, so unfortunately you won’t be able to list items via the Vault. However, we are already taking steps to create a monthly auction and Vault marketplace platform on our site; just like we’ve done with our Premier Auction.”

A little annoyed since I just paid for insured overnight to send to vault marketplace but I guess I’ll have to wait to sell…

2 Likes

So this is why they were giving all those free vault codes for so long. Because they maybe knew you’d have to list on their marketplace

4 Likes

I’ve never used PWCC but it did feel like they were outgrowing their need for eBay. I’m curious on the shill bidding claims, I think the amount of instances are overblown but this news makes me reconsider (assuming there is proper evidence by eBay).

2 Likes

Unlikely I’ll be using pwcc at all after hearing this… unless they manage to convince me otherwise. If they were actually shilling their own auctions, the company has committed fraud as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

Just got off the phone with my PWCC rep, and he said that their marketplace platform will need about 6 weeks to finalize. He also made it clear that the platform will be initiated much more smoothly than their premier auction platform. Anything not currently listed on eBay (including the items scheduled to be listed like tonight) will automatically go to their new platform unless the seller notifies them otherwise. All clients have the option to request for their items to be returned to them before their marketplace goes live. My rep also confirmed that PWCC employees are banned from bidding on any PWCC listings to discourage the possibility for shill bidding.

As far as possible other speculations, with my large purchases with PWCC during the past few years, there were times that I would pay the invoice directly through their platform and the eBay invoices would be canceled. If PWCC has done this with other buyers for even larger volume, this bypass would cause a sizable loss in revenue for eBay, although this would not necessarily correlate to their alleged shilling claims.

Of the hundreds of thousands dollars of purchases I have made with PWCC over the past few years, very few ever hit my max bid, and of the many other cards that I lost to competing bidders, none of the cards have ever been relisted due to nonpaying buyers. If eBay truly has evidence of internal or “associated” shill bidders, chances are the market would be for bigger ticket items such as their sports cards market.

Hope this helps,
cpbog1

10 Likes