Purchased PSA 8 card with dent, what should everyone do?

Yeah but spread the love and let others find out for themselves. Imagine PSA letting that card stay out in the wild for what… like 1500 bucks lol

1 Like

sellers of slabs should post the same types of pictures they would if the card was raw, not just pics of fronts and backs

100% and never just scans which lose all the depth and texture that may be there. Scans should just be for display

Based on your picture, and if all else is okay…that’s an 8.

2 Likes

Well, at the end of the day, you paid for a PSA 8 and you received a PSA 8. I wouldnt really make a problem out of it. If the condition of the card is really good other then the sent then its likely that it got the 8 because of it.

That’s how I feel about it personally

2 Likes

Disagree, a photo of the front and back is more than enough.

We’ve paid all this money to PSA so that we don’t have to bother with all the hassle. 18 months and counting is how long I’ve been waiting for some of my slabs to return. If I’m expected to take dozens of photos of the card, why did I bother paying PSA to grade the card at all then?

I’ve paid for an experts opinion and that’s what I’m selling on. If you don’t trust PSA’s grading, don’t buy PSA slabs.

This is coming from someone who is PRIMARILY a buyer/collector.

6 Likes

“Buy the card not the grade”
“But please just trust the grade”

1 Like

Some of these comments have lost the plot. The percentage of actual misgrades is so incredibly small. The entire point of third party grading is paying for a service to assess condition. A front an back scan of a graded card is more than fine.

Speaking as a buyer who probably spends more than 99% of the people in the hobby, I can’t remember the last time I asked for additional photos of a graded card. Because again, a front and back scan does the job and actual misgrades are such a small exception. As seen in this original topic, the card was appropriately graded, just someone learning the ropes of grading, which is the more probable scenario.

11 Likes

Grandmaster flex :muscle:

2 Likes

Buyers can always ask for more pictures, but I agree that it is low effort to snap a few more pictures of the corners, at an angle, etc. so why not just do it (especially if it is a nicer card)?

1 Like

I think the issue is that people need to understand the condition ranges/flaws that are acceptable for the grade they are looking to buy.

For example, a PSA Mint 9 could have centering issues, back whitening, or even print lines.

When I was looking for a PSA 9 Misty’s Golduck Holo for my collection, I asked several sellers specifically for pictures of the holofoil to determine if it had the notorious print lines for that card or just poor centering/back whitening. I eventually found a PSA 9 copy of the card that I was happy with and made the purchase.

1 Like

I am relatively new to collecting slabbed Pokemon cards, but I already made the experience that PSA 9s even can have holofoil surface scratches or scuffs on the edges. You can add that to the list :smiley:

1 Like

These are not as contradictory you are portraying them to be. “Buy the card, sell the grade”. It’s not that hard to get. The apparent contradiction just lies in the difference between the motivation of the seller vs buyer but this is identical to the way buyers want to minimize cost and sellers want to maximize profit.

4 Likes