pull rate rayquaza goldstar ex deoxys vs charizard 1st base

This needs to be pinned somewhere.

People get their panties in a bunch when they see PSA 10 set cards selling for 10x the PSA 9 price. But the reality is that there are way fewer PSA 10-quality vintage holos than PSA 9-quality vintage holos. Whether or not PSA is a good judge at distinguishing between 9s and 10s is a different question, but being in gem mint condition matters a ton for set cards where 99% of the copies in existence aren’t in that condition (aka any WotC/EX holos).

4 Likes

@zorloth , i was rather thinking of the trophy kangaskhan for example… theoretically, the card itself in psa10 is only around 10x rarer than the charizard whilst the charizard is 100+x more wanted, but “worth more”.

i compare psa copies to psa copies directly in this case because the two cards are similar popular to get graded, if you understand what i mean. the zard has so many copies but is very known and iconic so almost everyone sends it in and the trophy kangaskhan is very limited and probably unknown for most but everyone who has it sends it in, so we assume that almost every (gradable) copy of both cards were sent in and were reviewed by psa. so in the end, we get a new type of rarity (psa 10 rarity) for the two totally different cards that is more or less directly comparable, now that we have the (psa10) supply, we can apply the demand-factor. kangaskhan 10x rarer in terms of supply, but 100x less rare in terms of demand → kangaskhan 10x less valuable than charizard.
this is only possible for cards that 90%+ of all gradable copies are sent in, so it wouldn’t be possible to compare a psa10 pop1 alolan diglett from 2019 to a psa10 pop122 charizard. i hope this is understandable.

well, this is deep into market analysis… probably there isn’t even an answer for that unless we have some more or less reliable numbers…

makes sense, different market segment, different buyers. still, i tried to explain something in my previous post… well maybe this whole discussion should just end here as it is impossible to say anything 100% safe about it, unless we have any of these rough numbers that determine value.

This thread is such a wreck lol

Sorry about that, little caught up in the moment, but this entire thread is just stupid.

4 Likes

well i find it interesting.

This thread is a joke.

For those forum veterans, this “new forum member” is an alt account of @pokaholic, who owns a PSA 10 German Gold Star Rayquaza, is trying to sell it for $275,000, and is on a mission to convince the entire hobby how this card is the true holy grail, of course only for his own financial gain.

Further, all discussion of the market needs to go in the Giant Market Thread.

22 Likes