Public Service Announcement: Be Careful with Pop Reports on Error Labels

As many of you know, PSA has begun to document “incomplete holo errors.” Please do not believe the exaggerated statements of sellers. This is not the “only one in the world.” I collect these errors and have seen numerous Dragonite PSA 10s that do not yet (or will ever) have the error label.

It is exciting that PSA is documenting these cards appropriately now in 2023, but the pop report will not be reliable for many years. There are many, many incomplete holo errors in circulation that are not accurately labeled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285514062563

10 Likes

Thank you for your service :pray: As someone who has never graded a card, I wouldn’t have known without this post.

1 Like

Will this get paid for?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

5 Likes

… I don’t know what to say. That’s just ridiculous honestly.

This is where being knowledgeable about how cards are printed is very important. The “incomplete holo error” would affect the entire sheet, so where there’s one, there’s actually ~7 of the same card, depending on the sheet :slight_smile:

It’s not that surprising. PSA 10 pop on 1st ed is 225. PSA 9 : PSA 10 ratio is 7.5 : 1

Perhaps the most iconic Fossil card. A non-error copy would go between 4-6k. As of now it is the only copy with a special label. Hard to imagine there will be many more. A few extra thousand dollars on the price seems about right.

4 Likes

Is this the same as the “mirror Holo” error? I have that Tyranitar I still need to grade and I might prefer it in a PSA case than CGC

1 Like

Yep, same thing as mirror holo

1 Like

But… DYLLLL He said it’s the only one in the world!!1

If the Buyer of this Dragonite wants a nice Gengar to add to their collection, they can have mine for the absurdly cheap price of 7.5k. Currently ungraded, but definitely pop 1 and min grade 10.5A+

Sauce; my Crystal ball

(The Dragonite is cool tho)