PSA's worst mistske yet? What to do?

So this is not that expensive of a card at all, it’s a marowak reverse holo from delta species PSA 10. I won it for 15.50 bucks plus 4.50 shipping in pwcc’s last auction (via ebay). I honestly just glanced the pictures not thinking I’d need to study a card that got a 10, but looking back at the listing now, in the pictures you can see some of these misshaps, I wish Ida looked before… I Don’t know how this card a 10, here is a bunch of pictures of the gnar thats on this card:

Some sort of grime
drive.google.com/file/d/1-amIEioH3RHUs_KqFCCj1niX_9l_yN_b/view?usp=drivesdk

What looks like a pizza sauce finger print
drive.google.com/file/d/1-bwSKrK8XWz1dM5O3f4ZF_lFQYiau_mr/view?usp=drivesdk

Some more but smaller grime similar to pic 1
drive.google.com/file/d/1-d2m4O-0OLA88Mli27keFr5iIHEBKl0d/view?usp=drivesdk

Some sort of brownish gunk/grime
drive.google.com/file/d/1-evgUu_PWBrYF9m2YTNfxu72FoztMXAA/view?usp=drivesdk

The L shaped example honestly looks like dried blood and the other two are just more grime
drive.google.com/file/d/1-f5WTfb9pdSRQBPtA2s8K7Sf9fQQTrMp/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/file/d/1-fK36_ltfQWI1LBAnOdq-6rU8-NyhwSB/view?usp=drivesdk

Right example looks like mold, middle looks like blood, and left looks like more grime
drive.google.com/file/d/1-hKRazZ-yJ6GLGzKUlN-ZY_UhO8k1yEZ/view?usp=drivesdk

I’m not Sure I can return it since some of these defects are evident in the original listings pics. I thought about cracking it, attempting to clean it (I’ve had luck cleaning cards before), and sending it in just for re-encasement if it cleans up ok.

What are y’alls thoughts on this?

Send these pictures to PSA with a receipt proving what you paid. They should rectify this paying shipping both ways and cover you under the guarantee.

Will they just reimburse me for the card and i keep it, or will they want it to give it the 4 it deserves haha and fix the pop report?

Maybe someone can chime in and help explain something to me…
While I understand a PSA 10 isn’t always a perfect card, they give the final grade based off eye appeal.
What happened here? I’m assuming alot of the grime was there before grading, maybe minus the fingerprint.
But I’ve had a few cards in my collection that had very noticeable dirt specks or white ink splats,things to me that just didn’t seems very appealing, despite that got the 10 anyways.

They would regrade it considering the damage/issues and then pay you the difference between grades theoretically.

www.psacard.com/about/financialguarantee

Honestly if PSA were smart enough with this cheap of a card they would ask you to remove the card from the case and prove that you did so with a photo and then reimburse you the full $20 without ever taking hold of the card and just let you keep the raw card. It’d be super easy to do, super efficient from a cost and time perspective and just all around a super thing to do but for some reason I doubt they would be that smart about it. If they are though, be sure to report back and I will be very pleasantly surprised. Maybe even suggest it to them if they get silly and start talking about you shipping the card in.

That is all assuming the damage is all actually on the card which it appears it is. I mean if they got you to go through cracking the card obviously they’d know you were sure of it and not just trying to screw them around.

I’ve seen worse on a card…

A lot worse :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Pizza Sauce Authenticators

15 Likes

Hahahaha that is gold!

I will reach out to them tomorrow and see what happens. I’m with you, that would be super duper easy and make 2 tons of sense to resolve it quickly. Ill post the results after I speak with them. Thanks for chiming in and helping me out!

PSA 10 is still a PSA 10 no matter what :blush: I’ve seen worse.

1 Like

I have two fresh graded gems waiting at home for me to open up. I hope to God they didn’t pizza sauce my $1,000+ card…

I hope you get this straightened out! I assume you already did but clean the case really well and send an email to PSA with those pics.

1 Like

I hope they didnt pizza sauce your sweet cards eitherrr. If they did, you and I can start a riot. Yeah I cleaned the case to no avail. We’ll see what they say tomorrow!

1 Like

So you want them to crack your ten and regrade it as a four or what?

Nahhhh, that would suck haha. It’d be cool if they gave me a monetary reimbursement to acquire another ten in exchange for that one though! Then they can do whateverrr with it. All this poor marowak wanted was a warm and loving home…

1 Like

hopefully a new better company can rise from the ashes and we can have a better place to grade :blush:

1 Like

Except all companies that hire people will be subject to making mistakes.

1 Like

Unfortunately no grading company is excelling right now, and there is no other option. Because this is a non-essential niche market, it’s difficult to incentivize anyone to take a massive risk and start up a new company.

Pokemon fans: PSA’s grading delays are unacceptable! I want my cards faster! Implement FIFO! Hire more people!
Also Pokemon fans: PSA’s prices are too high! Where are the days of $6 50-card specials with 30-day turnaround!
Also Pokemon fans: PSA is making too many mistakes! Any issue with any graded card needs its own thread with a sensationalized title on E4! Train your people better!
Also Pokemon fans: PSA is damaging my cards! Robot grading would be better!
Also Pokemon fans: PSA damaged my cards during encasing! Why isn’t this process done fully by humans?

6 Likes

It’s almost as if there is more than one pokemon fan and they share differing opinions and priorities.

6 Likes

My least favorite are those second Pokemon fans.

Charge what the market will bear PSA… I wish they’d just double their prices and put out a much better service and skip on this whole charging the final graded value nonsense (though still enforce raw values and avoid bulk 1st base mint holos, shinings, gs’s etc)

2 Likes