PSA vs BGS (why is BGS getting a premium???)

I don’t have to grade anything when others do so for themselves.

www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1104972

forums.collectors.com/discussion/976401/bgs-to-psa-crossover-success-russell-westbrook-topps-chrome-refractor

@missingno Just to confirm, you have graded zero cards with either company, correct?

3 Likes

You guys are miscommunicating like crazy and saying the same thing in a different way.

1 Like

So you’re just going to ignore my proof? You want more?

blog.smalltraditions.com/tag/bgs/

“and every one of the 1,000s of single cards submitted by Small Traditions and being offered this winter has graded either PSA 10 Gem Mint or PSA 9 Mint, with ample opportunities for upgrades or crossovers to BGS 9.5 Gem Mint and BGS 10 Pristine.”

You want more? Or should I stop “trolling”

Thank you. I agree.

I’m laughing so hard at this. Did you even read any of those threads?

The first one the OP says “Sent 8 BGS 9.5’s to be crossed over & 5 were successful.” with posts that say “you destroyed the percentage odds. Well done!” “Mine i did the opposite… PSA 9 crossed to BGS and came back BGS 9.5’s… i have 3 out 3, 100% success rate.”

The second one you posted has a bunch of comments about people being amazed that a single 9 subgrade card was able to convert to PSA 10.

Just ignore the fact that they indeed crossed over accordingly, BGS 9’s to PSA 10’s. Honestly no need to further argue when I know I’m right.

I never said they can’t cross over. That doesn’t mean that they’re better grades.
The better evidence is that some didn’t cross over, or that people were amazed at how many crossed over. Which means…

Which means they crossed over.

I just read your post again, did you make a typo in saying BGS 9 to PSA 10. Because what you posted was 9.5s to 10s.

As for this post, no that’s not what that means. Come on 'm you’re capible of practical thought you can do this.

The better evidence is that some didn’t cross over, or that people were amazed at how many crossed over. Which means…

A.) My claim of 9/10 times a BGS 9 or 9.5 will grade a PSA 10 whereas a PSA 10 will grade a 9.5 or even a 9 BGS grade. Is Wrong.
B.) My claim of 9/10 times a BGS 9 or 9.5 will grade a PSA 10 whereas a PSA 10 will grade a 9.5 or even a 9 BGS grade. Is Right.
C.) I don’t know.
D.) I do know but if I say it hurts my point and I’m too weak (like BGS grades) to admit I’m wrong.

1 Like

Lol, dude they will crossover chill out. You’re not going to falsify my claim.

Here’s a beer*

Okay, show me the data please. That’s all I’m asking, you want to make claims of 9/10 times. Those are your words, please prove it. We can even make it easier for you by saying 9/10 times 9.5 will crossover because there’s zero chance you’ll get data for 9 and 9.5s.

If you can get the data it’s a correct statement. If you can’t it’s false. Good luck, I’m rooting for you.

Look fella, BGS graded cards brings a premium because they’re harder to grade than PSA. They ALSO will crossover “9/10” means more than likely. First you disagreed with the first point now you agree. Later on you will agree with this too. Talk to you later. Thanks for the encore :grin:

Honestly, I don’t even buy in that BGS 10 graded cards demand a premium. Charizard BGS 10 do, but that’s hardly evidence for the entire spectrum. We’ll have more data on this tomorrow.

Please don’t put words in my mouth I’ve never agreed that BGS 9/BGS9.5 cross over to PSA 10 more times then not, because that’s an assinine statement. You can’t find one or two examples and claim that it’s true across the board, that’s statistics 101.

You’re right on one point we’re done conversing. Both points have been made, both sides have presented their information. People reading can decide what they want with the info presented.

I just don’t get it, You said that 90% of BGS 9s and 9.5 will become PSA 10, how does showing 1 instance were a 9 became a 10 proves that crazy statement? It isn’t even pokemon lol and you have 0 grading experience and a ton of people who have graded actual pkmn cards for years telling you otherwise. No real backup to anything you say tbh.

Also when it comes to sports BGS is preferred but not with pokemon. I guess BGS is a lot more serious with sports cards but they’re clearly very lenient with pokemon.

Wow man, you have got to be kidding me, 9/10 times a bgs 9 or 9.5 will cross over to PSA 10…

Lol…
I wish even 3 or 4 out of 10 BGS 9.5s crossed over to PSA 10s. I have a lot of experience trying but average 10-20%.

3 Likes

Stop guys. He’s obviously trolling. I hope so anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve debated with him in this many times. He has a similar pattern in how he debates. One thing is clear though he ligitamatly believes what he says.

The last time he took a stance that was so assinine he claimed he was just trolling. To this day I don’t think he was.

3 Likes

'M, you and I know what you’re doing. I don’t know why but as far as my points concerned, it doesn’t matter. You see new people as well as less experienced ones here, check out our site and they pay a lot of attention to what us old timers say. Based on your word they’re going to think 9/10 times, if they buy that BGS 9 or 9.5 they’ll get a PSA 10. They have little experience and maybe very little money and that comment could really hurt them and their family. Best not to take a chance of that happening.
Now yes. I do a similar thing with the fictitious-lol Pre release Raichu but no newbie is going to go out and blow their rent money on one;)

5 Likes