PSA special for Pokemon?

hello - I see that PSA has the $6.25/per card for “pre '56” cards…does PSA ever have this deal for cards made after 1956? I have cards piling up and would like to submit but would wait if this deal ever came up…does this deal come up every so often for Pokemon cards? Thanks!

I do not believe so

Thanks. So the $7 100 card bulk is basically as cheap as it gets for pokemon cards?

It’s gone down to $5.50 for Pokemon and related cards before. Usually happens a few times a year. I’m assuming PSA going to their new building is the reason they haven’t been giving out favorable rates lately, pure speculation though.

They have done $6 grading for modern cards as a monthly special. In the paat 16 months i believe its happened twice.

They most likely roll out the $6 modern special when they want to increase input. Since they most likely had a great year(s) they probably won’t offer the modern special often.

Let’s just collectively agree to temporarily stop sending stuff in for a couple months :blush:

1 Like

For as long as I have been a member, I’ve seen specials as low as $5.75 per card for modern cards.

The last time PSA did a special on modern cards was February of this year. That special was $6.75 per card iirc.

As stated by @smpratte above, specials are primarily driven by demand. Because Pokémon has seen exponential growth in the grading market, it’s unlikely we will see consistent specials for modern cards for a long time.

That being said, I think it is reasonable to expect something sub $7 in the first three months of 2018.

1 Like

Everyone here waiting for a special (insert skeleton at desk meme).

1 Like