PSA Resumes Grading Holo Bleeds

Hey yalls,
I came across this info in my latest issue of SMR I received from PSA today. It looks like the info has been out there since September, but don’t recall seeing anyone talking about it here. I may have missed it if anyone did post about it though. Here’s a link to the article below. I personally think this is awesome as I have a few Pokemon and Yugioh cards I would love to submit, but have previously been detered because of PSA’s prior attitude towards holo bleeds. Awesome to see that today and just thought I would share!

blog.psacard.com/2021/09/16/psa-resumes-grading-tcg-holo-bleeds/

Interesting reading that holo bleed was more of a sign of a counterfeit in the sports card world. How long was PSA not grading holo bleeds?

1 Like

Agree, I didn’t realize that before reading it. Not sure how long they haven’t been accepting them, but remember a few other E4 members saying they were having their holo bleeds returned to them ungraded quite a while ago.

Good stuff. I know quite a few people that had their holo bleeds sent back over the course of the past year

1 Like

I’d say “wise decision” but I doubt it was wise or a decision. Coin flip during lunch break more likely.

3 Likes

They just did my celebrations holo bleeds, glad they didn’t send back without grading.

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered, it was most of 2021

1 Like

Question for you, How do you submit a Holo-bleed for Grading at PSA? Do you have to select anything? Or just hope they catch it?

Hey, honestly, I’m not entirely sure. I haven’t gotten around to submitting any yet. The perfect case scenario would be that PSA has an actual designation for it when logging your cards for submission. But I don’t know the answer unfortunately.

PSA will not give a designation or special label to cards with holo bleed. You would submit the card as-is and it would get a normal label.

2 Likes